Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was buying a Cobb accessport V3 for my 2016 RS waiting on 2 parts before I tune..now I’d like to use it and not with any OTS maps but am I able to just adjust the launch control RPM with it without a tune?

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I was buying a Cobb accessport V3 for my 2016 RS waiting on 2 parts before I tune..now I’d like to use it and not with any OTS maps but am I able to just adjust the launch control RPM with it without a tune?
just get a tune bro...$300...tunewerks

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
356 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Is Randys tuning strategy any different than the one he employed with mountune?
are your car mods any diff? if you have different intercooler or downpipe..etc...then a custom tune would be better.
also when custom tuning..the tuner will likely identify if there is something wrong with your motor.
you can also request aggressive or conservative style tune, have your exhaust volume adjusted, shift assist turned off. I'm sure there are more extras.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Launch Control Always On
NLTS
Auto Stop Start Always Off
Brake Boosting

Just to name a few.....

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Launch Control...Over 56k and I have never even tried it...
It’s pretty violent, especially with AWD. I drive the pïss out of my RS but I don’t often do the LC. Even I have a bit of mechanical sympathy.

I say try it once or twice, but I don’t blame anyone for not doing it often

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
I’ve tried it twice. Once out of curiosity, once to show a friend who like me, never experienced it. Never again. In my mind, cars have been leaving the line for along time without all that.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Is Randys tuning strategy any different than the one he employed with mountune?
Yes it is

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Curious, how so?
I did it with mountune and my brother is doing it now with tunewerks. It's the same.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zellhound

·
Registered
356 Posts
are your car mods any diff? if you have different intercooler or downpipe..etc...then a custom tune would be better.
also when custom tuning..the tuner will likely identify if there is something wrong with your motor.
you can also request aggressive or conservative style tune, have your exhaust volume adjusted, shift assist turned off. I'm sure there are more extras.
I already have a tune from randy when he was still with mountune, just was wondering if he was more or less using the same strategies now as before, havent changed any mods since my tuning session with mountune

Reactions: big jim
1 - 18 of 18 Posts