Ford Focus RS Forum banner

What do you think about launch control on the RS?

• Sweet! Bring it on!

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • I don't want it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh, don't care either way.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the best off-the-line performance, the driver can select launch control. This lets the car be launched in first gear at full throttle and the system manages the torque through the all-wheel-drive system providing maximum acceleration for the available traction.
The New Ford Focus RS is Going Global, Including the U.S.

A new press release mentions launch control on the RS, what do you think?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hell yes. I find it amazing that a manufacturer would offer a launch control mode right out of the box, knowing the sort of stresses that can be placed on the drivetrain and (presumably) still covering everything under warranty. This speaks volumes of the performance capability of the RS' AWD system, and how it is over-engineered to handle far more than what a stock RS can output.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
They say "full throttle", but I wonder if they are just referring to pinning the throttle and having a set RPM under redline. I'm not too shocked for Ford implemented this seeing what would stop customers from side stepping the clutch on their own, now they will have a proven safer way to launch the vehicle that has been tested. I just want to see how the system will operate when we start pushing 450+ to the wheels :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
They say "full throttle", but I wonder if they are just referring to pinning the throttle and having a set RPM under redline. I'm not too shocked for Ford implemented this seeing what would stop customers from side stepping the clutch on their own, now they will have a proven safer way to launch the vehicle that has been tested. I just want to see how the system will operate when we start pushing 450+ to the wheels :D
Warranty voided, and I would not be too surprised, however I don't expect that it would break. The AWD system is said to have been engineered for much higher torque applications than what the RS can push out, which makes sense to me if they want to put this system on other cars. Engineer it once, use it many times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
GNS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing