Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been worried/wondering how many dealers will try to add in a last minute ADM when the RS is finally in the showroom and you show up for pickup. I think many (and me included) only have a handshake agreement even with a deposit placed as to final "out the door" price. What's worseis I have an 8hr drive to my dealer. Hate to get there and have the price change. Not sure how I would handle that.

Any thoughts?

· Registered
331 Posts
Get it in writing....purchase agreement works, for instance...gentleman's agreement does not always work. See if they will go that route here and now. My salesguy, who is on this forum, was forthright with me on everything....stated what he needed and stated what I will receive....nothing changed and nothing will...and if it does....I believe it is not his doing.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When they call to tell you it's there ask them to email or fax a copy of the purchase agreement for your bank (whether you're financing or not or using your own bank or having them run it). That'll spell it all out in writing.
That is my current plan - sounds like the only best option to avoid any surprises.

Reactions: Ecobeast

· Registered
1,447 Posts
Not worried about that. I have a full legally binding purchase contract already written up with the price we agreed on. Now if some one just had DORA with no contract written then I could see a shady dealer trying to get more money.

· Registered
437 Posts
Let them try to screw themselves. Perfectly fine by me, I can always go buy somewhere/something else and let the whole world know about the bait-and-switch at their dealership.

· Registered
556 Posts
If they try and change any price on me, there will be hell to pay...

Reactions: rader1

· Registered
369 Posts
If you don't have a purchase agreement in writing (why wouldn't you?) and they try to pull this stunt, threaten to call the local TV station and arrange a consumer advocate piece.

Reactions: KingZee and RS2SG

· Registered
423 Posts
If you don't have a purchase agreement in writing (why wouldn't you?) and they try to pull this stunt, threaten to call the local TV station and arrange a consumer advocate piece.
Between this and leaving a horrible review with Ford itself, I think you could get them to give you the car for free. I am worried about this myself because I did not think to get a written purchase agreement back in October (this is my first time buying a car so cut me some slack) and there's a new sales manager at the dealership I ordered from. She seems nice, but we'll just have to see how things go at the negotiating table.

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Between this and leaving a horrible review with Ford itself, I think you could get them to give you the car for free. I am worried about this myself because I did not think to get a written purchase agreement back in October (this is my first time buying a car so cut me some slack) and there's a new sales manager at the dealership I ordered from. She seems nice, but we'll just have to see how things go at the negotiating table.

Just walk in like you own the place. sit down in the GM's chair, plop your feet up on his/her desk and when they come in to see whats going on....talk in a loud voice and echo this phrase "I've waited months, MONTHS for my RS. Let's get this damn deal done, give me my keys and we can part ways". The moment they even begin to utter the phrase ADM or anything remotely close to it....you quickly cut them off by putting your forefinger over their lips and "shhhhhh" them, until they stop talking.

It's a proven technique.

· Registered
556 Posts
Just walk in like you own the place. sit down in the GM's chair, plop your feet up on his/her desk and when they come in to see whats going on....talk in a loud voice and echo this phrase "I've waited months, MONTHS for my RS. Let's get this damn deal done, give me my keys and we can part ways". The moment they even begin to utter the phrase ADM or anything remotely close to it....you quickly cut them off by putting your forefinger over their lips and "shhhhhh" them, until they stop talking.

It's a proven technique.
I have used this many times. It is quite proven. Make sure after you sign the papers you drop the pen like a mic, then proceed by giving a pelvic thrust.

· Registered
24 Posts
I have used this many times. It is quite proven. Make sure after you sign the papers you drop the pen like a mic, then proceed by giving a pelvic thrust.
my method works best. i bought a pet sasquatch a while back, named him elvis. i take elvis along with me when i buy expensive items like cars. i have trained elvis to throw things on signal (elvis decides what he will throw and prefers small boulders but desks and salesman are acceptable objects if no rocks are extant). this usually results in quick positive attitudes in salesfolk.

i used to do large fishes wrapped in newspapers left on the salesman's desk but this got me in trouble with local authorities as it was considered making terroristic threats.

ive had many positive comments about elvis with offers to buy him. of course i always decline..

Human Tree Art Grass Adaptation

· Registered
423 Posts

It's a proven technique.
It's comments like these why I love this forum.

· Registered
423 Posts
my method works best. i bought a pet sasquatch a while back, named him elvis. i take elvis along with me when i buy expensive items like cars. i have trained elvis to throw things on signal (elvis decides what he will throw and prefers small boulders but desks and salesman are acceptable objects if no rocks are extant). this usually results in quick positive attitudes in salesfolk.

i used to do large fishes wrapped in newspapers left on the salesman's desk but this got me in trouble with local authorities as it was considered making terroristic threats.

ive had many positive comments about elvis with offers to buy him. of course i always decline..

View attachment 10391
I bet you could fetch a substantial ADM for a sasquatch.

· Registered
1,819 Posts
I would walk in with a box of donuts and some coffee, it's hard to be mean to some one who comes bearing gifts. If sh*t isn't going to plan and their adamant about ADM, well you just snuck in a full arsenal of harmless objects to make a mess with (coffee may burn a bit, but hey). Just make sure the dealer is very busy and you express the shock you are in for trying to be over charged, and express very loudly :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.