Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 RS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '17 with stage 0 Cobb and AWE track exhaust. 51,000 miles.
I started getting a lot of knock on #1, so I replaced the plugs and swapped coils from #1 to #2. I put all the connectors that were flopping around from the head gasket recall, back where they belong. It does not knock or pull timing while into boost, only at 50 to 60 mph. I have checked the coil ground and for anything that might be causing a false knock. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any engine rattles my twin disk clutch in my evo ix use to rattle and couse knock we had to adjust the knock sensor it’s pretty common on twin disk clutches I’m guessing you don’t have one but any other weird rattles ?

·
Registered
2017 RS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Stock clutch. If I drive over 60 mph, it never knocks. I put it up on a lift and looked for anything that might be loose or vibrating. I found nothing.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Still sounds like a specific vibration frequency that occurs at the resonant speed. There is something near the front knock sensor that is loose. Have you checked the actual torque on the sensors? If too loose or too tight, the response will be wonky.

Reactions: Wiley Marmot

·
Registered
293 Posts
55mph is pretty fast for an underwater vessel...

Reactions: bbq_pork

·
Registered
2017 RS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have checked everything. Ironically, the knock sensor plug was not located properly. I also found the hose clamp to the coolant line coming from the head, halfway down the hose.
You might be surprised what our Navy has!

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
I have checked everything. Ironically, the knock sensor plug was not located properly. I also found the hose clamp to the coolant line coming from the head, halfway down the hose.
You might be surprised what our Navy has!
Glad to hear comshaw is still up and running. (AD2-ASW them, not you🤣)

·
Registered
2017 RS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MM3/SS a fellow knuckle dragger.
It never seems to knock when it is cold. It is very random. I drove it 90 miles last weekend and only had 2 knocks, but I was above 60 mph.
I might replace the knock sensor or swap it with the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts