Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on you tube so I decided to give it a try. To date, I have spent about $2800 on accessories for the RS and I have to say I really like this purchase and it happens to be the least expensive.

I have found that key fobs over time gets abused and the icons themselves gets rubbed off via the oils/dirt from your fingers/hands. The rubber boot like protector has a slit on one end and you just slide your fob up through the slit. Fitment is perfect. The rubber is thick enough that if you were to drop your fob, it would provide impact resistance. The pouch has a cut out on one side to view the RS logo. I purchased it from here and it took about 3 weeks to arrive >> SILICONE 3 BUTTON REMOTE KEY FOB CASE COVER FOR FORD FOCUS MONDEO KUGA FIESTA | eBay. The blue in the pic below is very similar to Nitrous blue. There are many colors to pick from.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Waiting on TROGAN to come out with them:monkey:

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The RS fob is much less prone to damage than the ST fob was, because it doesn't have the the glossy plastic overlay on the Ford emblem. The Matt finish is extremely durable.

I don't think yo need it at all. You just might occasionally have to take it apart to clean the lint/dirt from the buttons and sides.

Top is the key I use daily. 8500 miles on that one. Bottom is the 2nd key I received with the car which sits on a key hook and remains there. I've pulled it off the hook all of 4 times including for this picture.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I upgraded to the plastic painted fob covers.. like @ProfessorFate Aliexpress around $6 each free delivery 3500miles away :driving:
KEY.jpg

Or if your interested you can buy them for $9.95 and $22 shipping from ebay as a bonus they offer insurance on the item for 1-yr protection from Assurant - $3.99 :woah:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Silicone Smart Key Cover/Protector

So I've started slowly buying accessories prior to picking up my RS:

I'm wanting to order a silicone blue cover off amazon for the remote assembly but have no idea what it looks like. Since I'm "new" to the site, it won't let me post the Amazon link.

Amazon shows two possible styles for the silicone cover & a pic would be helpful to determine which one is correct.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
So I've started slowly buying accessories prior to picking up my RS:

I'm wanting to order a silicone blue cover off amazon for the remote assembly but have no idea what it looks like. Since I'm "new" to the site, it won't let me post the Amazon link.

Amazon shows two possible styles for the silicone cover & a pic would be helpful to determine which one is correct.

Thanks.
Post #1 or the bottom 4 in post #3. Some have a hole for the RS emblem, some don't. Some have the opening for inserting the fob in from the top, some in the bottom. It's a standard 3 button Ford remote (push button start) with an RS emblem instead of Ford.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Silicone-car-smart-key-cover-remote-bag-fit-for-Ford-Focus-3-MK3-ST-RS-Ecosport/32415322141.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.mhDvBi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts