Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
2,607 Posts
View attachment 364561

His partnership with Ford (Performance) and his input on the Focus RS influenced me that I “needed” a Focus RS in my garage…
RIP
That's how it was for me, as well. His enthusiasm and skills were riveting. R.I.P. Ken.

· Registered
1,372 Posts
“We lost a legend today in Ken Block. He inspired generations of automotive enthusiasts, and in the process he came to inspire all of us at Ford Motor Company as well. I was lucky to call Ken a friend. He was truly one of a kind – an innovator, a talented driver and a marketing genius. He personified the joy of driving, drifting and racing. He had a boundless imagination for creating special cars and special moments. Our hearts go out to his family during this time, and we mourn his loss together with the community he fed with his vigor and spirit."

Jim Farley, president and CEO, Ford Motor Company

Reactions: DeanHart and Gen X

· Registered
119 Posts
He was a trailblazer, a pioneer, an ambassador, an icon. You did so much for this group before, during, and after your Ford days.

Rest In Hooniganism, Ken.

May The Lord grant you endless track.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
119 Posts
Ken Block, James May, Ricky Carmichael having fun during peak Top Gear.

One of my favorite moments and an iconic screen grab for me being an automotive and aeronautics/aerospace enthusiast.

Thanks, Ken.

Sky Wheel Cloud Tire Vehicle

· Premium Member
2017 Focus RS RS2 SG "Stella" - numerous mods...2016 F150 FX4XLT3.5T SC PW "Bear" - minor mods
38 Posts
The other night I watched gymkhana 9 in memory of the man and our car. It could be that Ken was the most watched and admired Ford representative ever. Never really thought he was short for this world - and to think the way he went… A reminder that we are all frail humans. His family is on my mind and prayers..

· Registered
562 Posts
It was an honor to visit Hoonigan Racing in Park City, Utah back in 2016. That's the year my wife and I attended the free Ford Racing School sessions. The evening before the track day, Ford hosted a meal and social time for the Rs owners at Ken's headquarters/shop. Ken was not there, but it was still great to tour the facilities and see a couple of the Hooligan cars!

Reactions: M Jones and big jim

· Registered
3,678 Posts
It was an honor to visit Hoonigan Racing in Park City, Utah back in 2016. That's the year my wife and I attended the free Ford Racing School sessions. The evening before the track day, Ford hosted a meal and social time for the Rs owners at Ken's headquarters/shop. Ken was not there, but it was still great to tour the facilities and see a couple of the Hooligan cars!
Wow, that would have been so cool. All we did when I did the academy was have dinner at the same facility/track where we did the classes. I still ended up looking up where the hoonigan facility was though and stopped by, only to be met by a "by appointment only" sign at the locked front doors.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts