Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 121 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
I just installed mine with no issues and works fine. However, I couldn’t connect with my iPhone to change the themes or settings. Not sure how to connect to the IP with my iPhone. Anyone having the same issue or would know what to do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To connect to the IP address just open your browser and type http://192.168.4.1 in the address bar. You'll want to be connected to the Dash's wifi network.

To connect to the IP address just open your browser and type http://192.168.4.1 in the address bar. You'll want to be connected to the Dash's wifi network.
Thanks Bryan. I was able to login with the default password on the small business card that came with it. I didn’t see this when I opened up the package. Matthew Kaiser emailed me back with the details that I missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like the perfect toy to get after I get my tax refund. Hopefully it's not a limited edition!

I'm super stoked that it includes oil temp. I for the life of me couldn't get it to work on Torque Pro (but it was on ForSCAN, so I probably could have sniffed it eventually) but having it work out of the box is a huge win.

Just a question, anything that the Cobb AP does not show that the digital dash does?

Took my car out to work today and I noticed that CAT on my new digital dash gauge doesn’t respond. Just my boost and oil temp…anyone see this or similar issues?

Took my car out to work today and I noticed that CAT on my new digital dash gauge doesn’t respond. Just my boost and oil temp…anyone see this or similar issues?

Yes I took mine out for a quick drive and noticed that CAT doesn't move. I did play with some of the other stock parameters like throttle position and noticed it ranges from 8% to 86% and not 0-100 which is interesting.

Also watching the oil temp is more or less 1:1 with the coolant temp gauge in the cluster which makes sense since it's inferred rather than direct.

What I really want to do is add tire pressure and find a way to show that on accessory.

Reactions: skimz and nicklulu
Yes I took mine out for a quick drive and noticed that CAT doesn't move. I did play with some of the other stock parameters like throttle position and noticed it ranges from 8% to 86% and not 0-100 which is interesting.

Also watching the oil temp is more or less 1:1 with the coolant temp gauge in the cluster which makes sense since it's inferred rather than direct.

What I really want to do is add tire pressure and find a way to show that on accessory.
Maybe there’ll be an update soon for these small glitches.

I like the tire pressure idea and I would like to use that as option as well.

Maybe there’ll be an update soon for these small glitches.

I like the tire pressure idea and I would like to use that as option as well.

Are you guys giving this feedback to Kaiser Engineering? I saw their post saying they won't make another batch until they get feedback and possibly make some changes. The more feedback they get, the better the next batch could possibly be.

Discussion starter · #69 · (Edited)

Something like this...

Certain aftermarket radios are able to display CAN info when used with an iDatalink Maestro kit. I replaced my entire audio system over the last year or so and this is one of the additional features I gained. Not the cheapest way to get tire pressures displayed, but, it does work. I also included a picture of Chromecast with Google TV running on the HDMI input.

Something like this...

Certain aftermarket radios are able to display OBDII info when used with an iDatalink Maestro kit. I replaced my entire audio system over the last year or so and this is one of the additional features I gained. Not the cheapest way to get tire pressures displayed, but, it does work. I also included a picture of Chromecast with Google TV running on the HDMI input.

Have you posted a DIY for this install?

Reactions: misterchonger
Discussion starter · #72 ·
Have you posted a DIY for this install?
I have not. There's plenty of how to's for the Chromecast on YouTube and XDA. I don't think I could really add much that hasn't already been covered there.

The tire pressure on the head unit I was able to get pretty much all the info from the iDatalink Maestro RR2, Pioneer and Crutchfield websites. If you have any specific questions on it, shoot me a pm and I'll try to answer them.

It looks like the CAT PID is different compared to a Focus ST, if anyone knows the correct PID feel free to let me know and I'll get that updated. For now I am stuck searching forums. For reference the Digital Dash is currently requesting 0x220461.

It looks like the CAT PID is different compared to a Focus ST, if anyone knows the correct PID feel free to let me know and I'll get that updated. For now I am stuck searching forums. For reference the Digital Dash is currently requesting 0x220461.
Here's a list of the RS PIDs I've been collecting for Torque Pro if that's helpful for development. I think I have a Manifold Charge Temp as 0x2203ca but can't guarantee accuracy.

Attachments

This is exactly what I needed! Thank you!
Are you going to upload a new image to your github wiki that we can dl to the sd card soon for some of these fixes. I'm not a coder, so I'd rather have the image than go in and try to figure where to change the PID's. I also saw there are several files updated in the last week that I'm sure haven't changed in the digital dash since I received it Monday.

Something like this...

Certain aftermarket radios are able to display CAN info when used with an iDatalink Maestro kit. I replaced my entire audio system over the last year or so and this is one of the additional features I gained. Not the cheapest way to get tire pressures displayed, but, it does work. I also included a picture of Chromecast with Google TV running on the HDMI input.
I found it way easier to install a BT OBD2 interface for my Android phone, install Torque Pro and OBD2AA on my phone. Then I have custom gauge options right in the AA interface on the stock radio.

Discussion starter · #78 ·
I found it way easier to install a BT OBD2 interface for my Android phone, install Torque Pro and OBD2AA on my phone. Then I have custom gauge options right in the AA interface on the stock radio.
View attachment 352219
View attachment 352220
I used that same setup as well before I decided to upgrade all my audio equipment. OBD2AA, an Android phone, and an OBDII dongle is a much less expensive way to get it displayed on the head unit. I just wanted a better sounding, more powerful system.

Sorry to keep this off-topic, but I do like that OBD2AA. I just wish Android Auto allowed more than just 2 apps running at a time. I need Waze up, to warn me of cops and stuff, and something playing music. They need to add split-screen support or something.

Do any of y'all understand this thing well enough to know if it should be technically possible to setup a boot animation, or even just a still image? Something similar to what SYNC 3 has, so that something other than a black screen is displayed when the vehicle is fist turned on, would go a long way to improving the appeal, for me. As is the long delay between startup and something being displayed really is the first thing I notice, and one of least desirable aspects of the device at this point.

I assume a shutdown animation should be possible, but IDK if a startup animation (or image) could be displayed any sooner than the guages are, currently, without some significant power draw while the vehicle was turned off. I can hear the fan kick on pretty much right away, but I'm not familiar enough with the components to know if something like this would be possible, or not.

Others have made much better videos showing the boot time, but here's mine which also shows shutdown: New video by Thom Murphy

61 - 80 of 121 Posts