Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 121 Posts
Anything programmable that connects to the CAN bus could monitor the proper data (mostly to discover the ESC is off and the drive mode is not Normal) and send the proper command to the ABS firmware when seeing the handbrake switch flag. The MCU has nothing to do with that, but the Kaiser guys would have to incorporate that feature in their code, and of course it would only work if the Ford Driftstick ABS firmware was flashed to the ABS module.
Thanks for that! I was actually reading through some previous threads and came to the same conclusion; it's all CAN signals.

That should be pretty easy to implement basically anywhere.

I normally don't mind beta testing, but it didn't seem like they had that many order slots.
According to their FB post they had 45 initial units to program and assemble.

Reactions: jefferysanders
Thanks for that! I was actually reading through some previous threads and came to the same conclusion; it's all CAN signals.

That should be pretty easy to implement basically anywhere.
Yes, and you could also trigger the rear wheel lock for any and all reasons (if you are suicidal, that is 😁) - so yes it’s just CAN. Just make sure your code is very solid if you toy with that as you will get off the road and probably kill someone if that thing locks spuriously due to a bug.

The feature really is in the (presumably Ford’s) Driftstick ABS firmware in the ABS module, and the trigger comes in the form of a couple of specific (and new) CAN messages.

Daftracing’s implementation cleverly uses the existing handbrake flag while Ford’s hardware may have its own switch although I’m not even sure of that. The Ford hardware also comes with a box that connects to the OBDII port so basically the same thing.

Eagerly awaiting reviews. I can totally see myself getting this. I have no desire to have my AP constantly mounted but I really want mo' betta data displayed and this would give me what I want.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
My dash arrived this morning via USPS. It was will packed. Install was pretty painless. I couldn't get my Pixel 5 to connect to KEDigitalDash.com one connected to the Dash's wifi, but I was able to pull up the ip address instead. 192.168.4.1:80

I made a couple tweaks to make sure it all worked. Here's a couple pictures.

Discussion starter · #56 ·
@bryanintransit expect to get bombarded with questions. To add mine to the mix...how's the lag? Their video from 2+ years ago showed about a 2 second lag from what the car was doing to what was displayed.
I'll do my best to answer what I can. We've got a new puppy running around that I'm trying to keep an eye on while I'm at home so I'm a little limited on how much time I can spend on questions.

The lag seems minimal to me. I changed the display to show RPM and it was right there with the tach.

I'll do my best to answer what I can. We've got a new puppy running around that I'm trying to keep an eye on while I'm at home so I'm a little limited on how much time I can spend on questions.

The lag seems minimal to me. I changed the display to show RPM and it was right there with the tach.
What breed is your puppy?

Mine also arrived and it works as expected. Changed the wallpaper and theme, played with the settings, etc.

On Android when connecting to a wifi network with no internet access, you have to make sure you select allow when it asks you if you want to continue connecting to a network without internet otherwise it won't work. Alternatively the IP address will work.

I don't see any noticable lag. It's pretty nice.

I just installed mine with no issues and works fine. However, I couldn’t connect with my iPhone to change the themes or settings. Not sure how to connect to the IP with my iPhone. Anyone having the same issue or would know what to do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 121 Posts