Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use the Kahtec third brake light kit before? I was curious about their quality/longevity and the size (1"x2"x.5") of the module fitting inside the housing someplace.

Maybe watching too much F1 but I like the aesthetics of it. I've followed some vehicles that do this (possibly OEM??) that work really well for getting your attention. Especially for the 70 to 0 moments on the highway or such.

Kahtec link: http://kahtec.com/smart-stop-features/

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Doesn't our cars already have this in emergency braking situations?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea. I've never been behind one, let alone ever seen one in my area. Suppose I can flip through the manual to see. Though I would prefer to have it each time and not just oh **** moments.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I remember reading it somewhere that we get it here....

·
Registered
542 Posts
This unit changes the fog light into a fog light and a two speed high intensity F1 stile brake light

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Oh flip sorry keep forgetting this is a US forum
Suppose you could always get the Euro Diffuser, Light and the flasher unit makes for an expensive flasher thou
Actually it’s a Canadian forum. But as a Brit., well..you know all about us Amurikans.
057A2EDF-9D6C-4D7C-B500-4EDDB742D2C3.jpeg

·
Registered
613 Posts
3rd Brake Flasher Web Site is the one I used, but he doesn't have stock or discontinued the version I used with the gyro. I had it on for 2+ years and the way I have it setup I've had excellent results keeping tailgating ****ers off my ass.
Normal Brake = no flash just normal operation.
Medium brake = 2x double seizure warning flash then On. (if brake is still applied)
Hard Brake = Flashing F1 style for 3 pulses then On. (if brake is still applied)

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
Many choices!
Im going to act on one (?) as I run smoked tail lights.
I just hope the mutt behind me isn’t staring into there phone.
Cali guys beware, yours can’t flash more than 4 times in 4 seconds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@jefferysanders good find. I like that option better and it's customization along with price.

Why am I not surprised the nanny state of CA has a law about the number of times a 3rd brake light flashes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts