Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just contacted my local dealer here in Chicago area regarding allocation & ordering status of the RS. I spoke with the GM and he told me they just placed an order last night for one car. I have an long term relationship with the dealer and just snagged it at MSRP!! Gave them a deposit over the phone and just need to change dealer order to my specs. Pretty stoked!!!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Did they use this vehicle to place your order?

Just contacted my local dealer here in Chicago area regarding allocation & ordering status of the RS. I spoke with the GM and he told me they just placed an order last night for one car. I have an long term relationship with the dealer and just snagged it at MSRP!! Gave them a deposit over the phone and just need to change dealer order to my specs. Pretty stoked!!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Very sweet. I thought if you ordered one there would be no ADM. Only when you walk into a dealer that you would be subjected to the markup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No orders can be officially placed until Oct 12th. Seems you're just on the waiting list like the rest of us, though he may toss your order in on the 12th without the need for you to be present.
yes you are correct. My dealer placed an order last night which provides a placeholder until Ford officially starts accepting orders on the 12th. As mentioned, so far they have only "ordered" one car so will be interesting to see what the allocation numbers look like when released on 10/1.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes you are correct. My dealer placed an order last night which provides a placeholder until Ford officially starts accepting orders on the 12th. As mentioned, so far they have only "ordered" one car so will be interesting to see what the allocation numbers look like when released on 10/1.
just heard from my dealer again, the Ford Rep is there now and told them their total allocation for 2016 is only two cars. One was sold last night and I got the second one!! Anyone waiting until 10/12 to order might be to late. I would get on the phone now!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
just heard from my dealer again, the Ford Rep is there now and told them their total allocation for 2016 is only two cars. One was sold last night and I got the second one!! Anyone waiting until 10/12 to order might be to late. I would get on the phone now!!
This is a true story.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Super lucky

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Same here just left dealership and handed over depisit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Put in my deposit 2 weeks ago as number 1 on the local dealerships list. Ordering as soon as they open on the 12th. Stealth grey with a moonroof :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
After contacting 7 dealers I found one that will sell at MSRP, they were allocated 3 RS's and I will be going by tomorrow to put my deposit down for the last one. :eek:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm starting to freak out again... I was all calm and waiting for 10/01, but with everyone starting to say they've got theirs locked... HNNNGH

·
Super Moderator
15,320 Posts
This is just like deva vu all over again. (RIP Yogi)

Meaning the same thing happened when the FoST first came out and everyone had to be the first so they paid MSRP.

Later in the year the FoST started being offered for less than MSRP.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I traded in (complimentry trade) my focus ST and the dealer has my 22k and put me first in line for the RS. We haven't talked prices. I pray it's just msrp because they already have a good chunk of change. They will custom order one for me or let me build one of their allocated ones. Whatever comes first. Ive been nagging them (kindly) for almost a year on the RS. I know one of the higher ups in a competing dealership and he said he would take care of me if first dealer falls through. But I don't assume it would fall through seeing as though they have half of my money for the new car

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
How long did it take for that to happen?

This is just like deva vu all over again. (RIP Yogi)

Meaning the same thing happened when the FoST first came out and everyone had to be the first so they paid MSRP.

Later in the year the FoST started being offered for less than MSRP.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
About this Discussion
107 Replies
34 Participants
ControlNode
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing