Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just walked into Stevens ford (Long Island New York) today and decided to see what the deal with ordering was. Turns out I was able to build my RS. I got nitrous blue with power moonroof, forged wheels, as well as the RS2 package. I am going to have to pay 2500$ dealer markup but I don't think that's too bad. This dealer was on allocated 1 and I was just lucky enough to get it.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I just walked into Stevens ford (Long Island New York) today and decided to see what the deal with ordering was. Turns out I was able to build my RS. I got nitrous blue with power moonroof, forged wheels, as well as the RS2 package. I am going to have to pay 2500$ dealer markup but I don't think that's too bad. This dealer was on allocated 1 and I was just lucky enough to get it.
Nice to get one so easly. The mark up sucks, but atleast it's not 5-10 grand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on paying $2500 more then you should have. Enjoy the car ;)
+1

Paying an ADM on this car is foolish, but to each their own. If I was that foolish I certainly wouldn't be telling people I did. For $2500 you could have gotten a Cat back, AccessPort, complete CAI, and an eTune LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1

Paying an ADM on this car is foolish, but to each their own. If I was that foolish I certainly wouldn't be telling people I did. For $2500 you could have gotten a Cat back, AccessPort, complete CAI, and an eTune LOL

Like I said, I think ill be able to get it without the markup, nothing is set in stone yet, i was just worried about not being able to get one and now that I have a deposit I can worry about negotiating later.

Oops my original post never edited, I have a connection to the owner of the dealership so I'm gonna see about getting rid of the markup.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dropped off my deposit and locked mine in today at MSRP! Even though they are only allocated 1 for 2016. I feel blessed.

Nitrous Blue RS2, Forged Wheels with Standard Tires, Moonroof, RS Car Cover. :cool:
carpixel.net-2016-ford-focus-rs-us-24732-hd.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Like I said, I think ill be able to get it without the markup, nothing is set in stone yet, i was just worried about not being able to get one and now that I have a deposit I can worry about negotiating later.

Oops my original post never edited, I have a connection to the owner of the dealership so I'm gonna see about getting rid of the markup.
Can you possibly extend that connection to a fellow Long Islander? :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
was just offered 200 over invoice, couldnt take my credit card out quick enough. Then he said he couldn't order them for some reason but was the first one to call! Hopefully will receive a call in a few days. Ill keep everyone updated. Timing is perfect because my escape is coming off lease in june

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
was just offered 200 over invoice, couldnt take my credit card out quick enough. Then he said he couldn't order them for some reason but was the first one to call! Hopefully will receive a call in a few days. Ill keep everyone updated. Timing is perfect because my escape is coming off lease in june
What area are you in?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
if there is any truth to this, it is far from the norm... matter of fact its the first time Ive heard any dealer say less than msrp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if there is any truth to this, it is far from the norm... matter of fact its the first time Ive heard any dealer say less than msrp.
I have called around to a few dealerships by me and most are clueless about these. i have nothing to gain from this, i'm just letting everyone know its possible. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if i can go in and get it in writing. I'll just wait till they can finalize the order. From the salesman i talked to i was the first person to call the dealership. I'll post a picture once deal is done. I was torn between a golf r or this but if i can get one at almost invoice. FORD just made up my mind. Hell they'll prob wave my lease tureen in fee if a buy another ford.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I have called around to a few dealerships by me and most are clueless about these. i have nothing to gain from this, i'm just letting everyone know its possible. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if i can go in and get it in writing. I'll just wait till they can finalize the order. From the salesman i talked to i was the first person to call the dealership. I'll post a picture once deal is done. I was torn between a golf r or this but if i can get one at almost invoice. FORD just made up my mind. Hell they'll prob wave my lease tureen in fee if a buy another ford.

not doubting you, but the deal seems suspect. if its true, you scored
go get it in writing before they change their mind

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
When you live in truck country like I do it might be easier. I told my dealer that I can move everyone they get and they said it would be greatly appreciated. Seems they don't know what to make of them.

·
Registered
271 Posts
You didn't actually order it. Order banks don't open till the 12th. Better hope they really do get allocation because those numbers haven't been released yet either.
-Your friendly honest Ford Dealer

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You didn't actually order it. Order banks don't open till the 12th. Better hope they really do get allocation because those numbers haven't been released yet either.
So all the dealers telling people how many they're allocated are just making the numbers up?

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Yes put deposit down, first on list to have order place on 10/12

Great White Buffalo,

You are absolutely correct. and I believe I have been correct in all my recent posts. I went to one of my Ford dealers today ( my favorite one) and gave them a deposit. I am first on the the list to get a RS ordered at MSRP when the order banks open on October 12, 2015. My salesman will enter the order specifics I gave him, verify the price and go over the order with me and then with my agreement he will place the order. It has already been marked priority 10, Get ASAP.

It that pretty much how you understand the RS order process will take place.

Thanks for your response!

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 59 Posts