Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your order. There is lots of good reading for you here in the forum to help pass the time in your wait.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Congrasts!!! I hope you get it, I can't wait to finally see a RS in a different color.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Congrats!

Post pics of your S2000 when you can. I love those cars. AP1 or AP2?

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I ordered a "base" Red. Whether I actually buy it depends on trade in. Not too optimistic about that. Also, I wish they offered something more substantial like a tune. It's mostly cosmetic and I'm kinda "meh" with the carbon fiber, and not sure if it needs more RS labels on the outside. I guess I got time. My SB is understated looking....for an RS, kinda like it that way.

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EvanRyan,

Thanks. I am pretty sure I am going to get it. The car dealership took my order and a $1,000 deposit; it is a pretty large dealership. They said the would update me in a couple of months and to expected 5 -6 months before it was built and shipped over from Saarlouis,, Germany; I guess that is where the RS's are all being built.

Thanks,

TargetArcher

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had two test drives on a 2017 RS before I ordered the 2018 Race Red. The second convinced me to get a second hot hatchback , the RS. The RS will be my raucious, beasty, brute. of a car with all the rough edges to m,ake it a blast to drive; it is a driver's car.

My quick review. My first ride I thought the seat position was pretty high and I kill the engine a couple of time. The shift was very smooth and the clutch feel was great; only issue the throws are a little long. The car is defenitley a driver's car because the rear occupants get kind of left out: no rear air vents, tight seat space, no fold down center arm rest, no cup holders.

The ride was firm, but much better than I expected, pretty quiet and smooth on the highway. The stiff is really stiff.
The fogs lights didn't look 5000K white as I expected, more yellowish maybe 3500-4,000K
Sony radio surprisingly good. and voice interface good.
Trunk area somewhat small and no spare and only room for a temp spare if you modify that will only work on back wheels; won't fit over front Brembos
Turbo smooth and linear; no boost kick like the ST
Very fast deceivingly fast, very, very nice. 60 mph to 90 mph in 6th in seconds.
floor mats - plain Jane could at least be thicker on RS and have RS emblem.
mpg on test car 8mpg ; lots of idling the salesman told me and some "test" drives.
Surprised greatly on Nitrous blue color, it actually looks decent in person in photos not so much.

Second test drive got on it pretty hard in 1rst and 2nd in sport mode; I was sold.

Now to go through the wait :anonymous:

Thanks,

Target Archer

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats!

Post pics of your S2000 when you can. I love those cars. AP1 or AP2?
Some pictures. Posted on Craig's list and it sold in 5 minutes for what I consider a very good price for an 11 year old car.

Sorry couldn't post pictures yet, something about message count too low.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Congrats on the quick sell. I think you need 10 posts for pics.

Reactions: mofoRS

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jealous they let you test drive one. What's the MSRP? I am thinking of ordering one too.
Base MSRP is $41,120 but includes RS2 and forged wheels. plus Quaife mechanical limited-slip front differential. about $820 more than 2017 price. You should be able to order at MSRP or a little less.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
I put a deposit down on a Race Red, no options for $40,477......300 over invoice.

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is moonroof included or can be added?
Power Moonroof is an option that can be added for $895 MSRP ($850 invoice)

Here are all the options: :tiphat:

USA prices
Base Car - $39,270 Invoice , $41,120 MSRP
Equipment Group 600A $0 , $0

Winter & Tire Package $1,895 invoice , $1,995 MSRP
Nitrous Blue Color $ 660 invoice, $ 695 MSRP
Engine Block Heater ? ?
VP Car Cover $ 356 invoice , $ 375 MSRP
Power Moonroof $ 850 invoice, $ 895 MSRP
Front License Plate Bracket $ 0, $0
Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2 Summer Track Tires $524 invoice, $ 550 MSRP

Destination Fee $875, $875

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yay! thanks! my local dealer told me it won't be ready for pre-order until end of the month and then he said wouldn't be delivered til the end of the year. Can't wait that long :(

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I put a deposit down on a Race Red, no options for $40,477......300 over invoice.
Not surprised. People here thought they'd get ADMs but glad to see that it didn't happen.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts