Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So compared to other limited edition cars how do you think this RS will stack up when all,is said and done? I mean will history look back and say 'there was a great one' or will it be forgotten? Is all this hype overblown, since none of us have even driven it yet. What if it's too twitchy or rough handling for a daily driver, that I know many of us are planing to do? Or will this be Car and Drivers car of the year?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Completely speculation on my part at this point, but I think it's likely to be a top contender for Car of the Year. It has so much innovative engineering that it'll largely be dependent on the execution.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What a great question! If we were all Nostradamus, those who bought Roadrunners, 67-68 Shelby, 63 split window vettes, 21 window VW bus's (like me on two of the cars listed and was not smart enough to keep either) would have stronger convictions about ADM's or "if this thing get one penny more expensive, I'm gonna buy a used S3!"....... just say'n. I know I ain't selling mine if at all for a very long time. More so how many are going straight from the dealer to eBay with there RS at some insane instant gratification price.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think it will be remembered as a few different letters than a Focus S, SE, SEL or ST people will say hmmm shouldn't it have been SR or is that just to confusing.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Probably similar to prior generation RS models. Nothing crazy though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
"Special" or not. I'm never getting rid of my RS. My current trade in for the RS will be the last car I ever get rid of. I'm planning to buy additional vehicles to have alongside the RS like a truck or some sort of off-road rig a few years from now :cool:

·
Registered
306 Posts
So compared to other limited edition cars how do you think this RS will stack up when all,is said and done? I mean will history look back and say 'there was a great one' or will it be forgotten? Is all this hype overblown, since none of us have even driven it yet. What if it's too twitchy or rough handling for a daily driver, that I know many of us are planing to do? Or will this be Car and Drivers car of the year?
Ask yourself this, when was the last time a Ford RS was offered in America..?

·
Registered
325 Posts
You never know... It's like the original Ford GT. It use to be that you couldn't sell one for more than $150k. Now they go for almost $500k!! You'll have to wait a decade and see if they are special or not!

·
Registered
9 Posts
It'll be a classic for sure, one that people will remember. I mean, how can it not. This is the first RS ever offered in the US, the first RS with awd, the first RS with 350hp and 350ft/lbs from the factory. Besides all those key things, the amount of marketing around this car, I can't see how it won't leave a footprint. Will it be worth an obscene amount of money one day, maybe, maybe not. That said, I can't speak for everyone, but we're not after a paycheck 20 years from now, we're after this car to enjoy...now! lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it will be remembered as a few different letters than a Focus S, SE, SEL or ST people will say hmmm shouldn't it have been SR or is that just to confusing.
:confused:

I would hope that the car is remembered for a little more than how the letters are arranged. Anybody who doesn't know the significance of the RS badge doesn't need to worry about it.

Reactions: SpaceFish

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
The only thing I can say is that if this car is as fun to drive as an mk1 svt focus or st170 it will be an excellent drivers car and highly sought after by enthusiasts for years to come

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It'll be a classic for sure, one that people will remember. I mean, how can it not. This is the first RS ever offered in the US, the first RS with awd, the first RS with 350hp and 350ft/lbs from the factory. Besides all those key things, the amount of marketing around this car, I can't see how it won't leave a footprint. Will it be worth an obscene amount of money one day, maybe, maybe not. That said, I can't speak for everyone, but we're not after a paycheck 20 years from now, we're after this car to enjoy...now! lol
DUDE!!!! Forever, no talk. How's Katelyn doing? How's the GTI VRT project?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I expect it to hold value better than an ST, but I don't expect anything crazy. Depends on production numbers, but it's not going to be crazy limited like the 2015 GT350R or even like the Integra Type-R. Those are starting to appreciate again. Wait 20 years and see.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was under a personal impression that this being the FIRST US RS, and with all the specs, AWD, 350/350, looks that this IS a special car. I will not be selling for like a very long time, but wanted the general opinion of HOW special it will be, or how special you think it will be. One of my first cars was a Totoya Corolla GTS, 4 cyclinder, but 16 valves and 5 speed stick. Was a blast to drive but had like 110 HP. After a few years, no so special.

The RS seems almost like a dream, pick the features that you would want and there you go, here it is...so I think this is a special addition. Not just kinda cool, but special. I hope everyone that wants one will be able to find a dealer that will not rip them off. I feel MSRP is a gift to the dealer in the first place, over that is just crazy.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Just think how ford has upped the game so much setting a new standard that the competition is no longer realavent. I hope this Lights a fire under some asses. Ford will own the hot hatch market for two or three years till the compition throws something our way to compete ford.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
If is twitchy and rough handling it will still be my DD; I will just have to learn to like twitchy and rough :D Yes, great call CD's COTY !

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
111 Posts
I highly doubt these will ever be as valuable as Shelby's or GTs'. The way I see it, the Mk3 RS is about the equivalent of the first year Subaru imported a "performance" version of their flagship Impreza, the 2002 wrx, to America.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts