Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Just bought a 2015 Focus ST ST3 for my daughter and when I did I also inquired about the RS with the general manager of the dealership. After explaining to him my desire to buy the ST for my daughter and then also wanting to buy the RS as soon as it comes in, we made a deal on BOTH CARS!!!!

Here is the deal we made:

I got the ST for a FANTASTIC $25,400 fully loaded with extended warranty of 6/100 along with FORD's Primium Extended Care and Maintenace package out the door for $28,900!

So then we discussed the RS! HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING FOR EVERYONE ON HERE!!!!! The GM told me that FORD has told ALL dealers that they ARE NOT allowed to take deposits on the RS!!!!!! The RS WILL BE A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED/SOLD vehicle!!!!

So you ask how then did I make a deal then? Well I will tell you. Because I just bought the ST (CASH, which is why this deal is working for me) the GM knew I was a serious buyer for the RS. So they are calling me when they get the call that the car(s) are on the truck for delivery to their dealer. That way I can be at the dealer when the cars arrive before anyone else and I can therefore be the first buyer.

SOOOOOO....... Sorry for the bad news about no deposits for everyone. BUT.... I hope I at least have given everyone some ideas/help in knowing how to go about being a potenial first RS buyer!!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
FiRSt dibs huh with only six posts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey everyone!

Just bought a 2015 Focus ST ST3 for my daughter and when I did I also inquired about the RS with the general manager of the dealership. After explaining to him my desire to buy the ST for my daughter and then also wanting to buy the RS as soon as it comes in, we made a deal on BOTH CARS!!!!

I got the ST for a FANTASTIC $25,400 fully loaded with extended warranty of 6/100 along with FORD's Primium Extended Care and Maintenace package out the door for $28,900!

So then we discussed the RS! HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING FOR EVERYONE ON HERE!!!!! The GM told me that FORD has told ALL dealers that they ARE NOT allowed to take deposits on the RS!!!!!! The RS WILL BE A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED/SOLD vehicle!!!!

So you ask how then did I make a deal then? Well I will tell you. Because I just bought the ST (CASH, which is why this deal is working for me) the GM knew I was a serious buyer for the RS. So they are calling me when they get the call that the car(s) are on the truck for delivery to their dealer. That way I can be at the dealer when the cars arrive before anyone else and I can therefore be the first buyer.

SOOOOOO....... Sorry for the bad news about no deposits for everyone. BUT.... I hope I at least have given everyone some ideas/help in knowing how to go about being a potenial first RS buyer!!!
Did you get anything in writing, or was it just an official handshake?
You really think they'll sell you one at retail if someone else offers them 45k bucks, also cash? Just saying

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have 40 posts, does that qualify me for the Monster Energy HOONIGAN, Focus RS edition?

Right behind me of course. Sounds like over two million people signed up to win the RS. So....I'm sayin there's a chance lol

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get anything in writing, or was it just an official handshake?
You really think they'll sell you one at retail if someone else offers them 45k bucks, also cash? Just saying
Actually I'm also very lucky in that I happen to be buddies with the GM going all the way back to high school (1989), so I believe him when he says he will call me! It's also why I got such a good deal on the ST.

It pays to have grown up a gear head and have taken automachanic classes with everyone who ended up going into that field as a profession. You tend to get taken care off a lot better than the average Joe customer. That and the personal hookups on pricing for parts, service or new purchases.

·
Registered
203 Posts
OP,

None of the people on this forum are RS enthusiasts and none have the money to pay cash! You are so far out in front of everyone of us; should we bow down when you pass by.

By the way a salesman/dealer doesn't care how they are paid cash,finance, or trade.

Lets see $25K cash invested at 5% in the market and borrow $25K at 1.9% seems like a gain of 3.1% to buy a car and finance. Yep, always forego any investment gain and pay cash.

Take Care oh big slippery Richard.

·
Super Moderator
15,426 Posts
Oh, boy this thread is going to be fun!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP,

None of the people on this forum are RS enthusiasts and none have the money to pay cash! You are so far out in front of everyone of us; should we bow down when you pass by.

By the way a salesman/dealer doesn't care how they are paid cash,finance, or trade.

Lets see $25K cash invested at 5% in the market and borrow $25K at 1.9% seems like a gain of 3.1% to buy a car and finance. Yep, always forego any investment gain and pay cash.

Take Care oh big slippery Richard.
OMFG - What is with people on this site!?!?!?

What's with the hostility? Should you bow down? WTF!?!?

All I did was try to share some info with you [email protected]! But my god in heaven; if I can't make one single post without having every single nutsack making some kind of snide comment about it. Then Fu*k IT!!!

I'm out, good luck to you all and have a nice day with your little group of haters!

·
Registered
203 Posts
OMFG - What is with people on this site!?!?!?

What's with the hostility? Should you bow down? WTF!?!?

All I did was try to share some info with you [email protected]! But my god in heaven; if I can't make one single post without having every single nutsack making some kind of snide comment about it. Then Fu*k IT!!!

I'm out, good luck to you all and have a nice day with your little group of haters!
Hey b.utt head you are the one that came in all high and mighty! and now you call us [email protected]!
You are very poor and making friends and knowing any kind of proper forum protocol.

If I never hear from you again it will be too soon!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey b.utt head you are the one that came in all high and mighty! and now you call us [email protected]!
You are very poor and making friends and knowing any kind of proper forum protocol.

If I never hear from you again it will be too soon!

Please explain yourself with your "high and mighty" comment? How is explaining something and sharing information high and mighty? Seems to me your the one with issues! How does one interpret such an impression from mere words on a page?

·
Registered
69 Posts
If no one can order and it is first come first serve how does one choose the options they want or how do you know YOU will get a Frozen White Focus RS? These are the things you stated and just makes it all seem fishy and not very factual, could possibly be that is how that dealership is doing this which seems completely ridiculous but that is the dealerships choice.

Just a lot of stuff you stated that seems questionable and would have caused me to question that particular GM with more details. NOT how my dealer is handling things but again each dealer can do what they want.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
My problem with the information is it seems like every dirty trick in the book was thrown at the OP, and they fell for it. Misinformation from the GM and because he is a "friend" you took them at their word.

There will be an order process for the RS. How many dealers get in the first year is TBD (8000 for NA is what I'm hearing).

Paying cash isn't a bonus to dealers these days. It gets you know deals as they make money on the financing. With a car like the RS, it's likely sold before it hits the lot. No birthdays, no payments to FoMoCo while it sits there waiting to be sold.

I don't know every trick in the book but I know enough of them that it sounds like the OP was had, or at least give bad information.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
My problem with the information is it seems like every dirty trick in the book was thrown at the OP, and they fell for it. Misinformation from the GM and because he is a "friend" you took them at their word.

There will be an order process for the RS. How many dealers get in the first year is TBD (8000 for NA is what I'm hearing).

Paying cash isn't a bonus to dealers these days. It gets you know deals as they make money on the financing. With a car like the RS, it's likely sold before it hits the lot. No birthdays, no payments to FoMoCo while it sits there waiting to be sold.

I don't know every trick in the book but I know enough of them that it sounds like the OP was had, or at least give bad information.
Bluebyutoo and other forum members,

Also, it appeared OP thought he was going to get ahead of any other potential RS buyers at the dealership that were on a list or had put down a deposit. I agree the GM apparently fed him a line or several lines. Not only did he believe the GM, he seem to flaunt to this forum that he was going to get the first RS ahead of all other 1,200+ forum members. Kinda of pretentious don't you think?

The RS is going to be an awesome car and my hope is every one who wants one, including OP, can get one without limited supply or ADM restrictions.

Motor on,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Incidentally, based on this thread, I reached out to my contacts and they said

We will have more information on ordering after that (Sept 16 news release eve of Frankfurt Auto Show), it will be traditional ordering process, go to a dealer and place an order.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey everyone!

I can't wait to post the picture of my pre order to this page. Also If your gonna make up crazy story. Just a hint of advice. Dealers don't want you to pay cash. They want you to finance through them, they make more money that way.. Good try though.

·
Super Moderator
15,426 Posts
It sure has gotten quiet in here!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts