Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Just bought a Focus RS!

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  timsemeryuk 
#1 ·
Hi! just bought my Focus RS on Wednesday (3 days ago as of this posting) and wanted to introduce myself on this forum! Ever since The focus was announced for the US market I've dreamed of owning and taking care of one and finally the dream came true, 5 years later lol. Put myself through a bachelors in mechanical engineering, I start the masters program next semester, so the wife thought it would be the best present to get me, even if it covers birthdays, Christmas, and graduation for the next few years haha.

Anyways enough about me, the car is a 2016 Ford Focus Shadow black RS, with RS2 package on black wheels, with only 3,481 miles! Dealer says it's the lowest in the nation for a 2016 RS! Paid 34k minus 5k downpayment which makes it a steal in my book, and the goodies don't end there. Car came with a Flow master cat-back exhaust, Ebiach lowering springs, Short shifter, Mishimoto radiator hoses, hydraulic hood raiser thingy's that don't require using the hood rod, as well as a tune (assuming, since the base model Focus RS's I've test driven were no where near as fast or torquey). And I also checked for the proper head gasket!

So excited to finally own a dream I've worked towards for years, and to have a supportive wife and family willing to go the distance to help me make that happen, and even more to join a knowledgable community of RS owners! Hoping to find the original owner who can possibly inform me on any modifications done to the car so I can get an idea on what was done and make informative decisions on any other possible modifications I would want to make. CarFax says the car was originally purchased in May 2017 in San Diego, sold and bought by second owner in October 2017 in San Diego, auctioned off and sold to the dealer I purchased from in Daly City (San Francisco) CA around august 2019, then I bought it. Auction and 2 sellers sound sketch but the CarFax shows really detailed records of service and maintenance, plus only 3.5K miles!

Thanks everyone! This is gonna be a fun ride! if y'all are interested I'll post some more pics!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome man! Firstly congratulations on your dream hatch. I grew up in Europe so my wife (who didn’t) laughs at my obsession of the RS brand/name/vehicle! I am happy
You got yours worth the modifications you may want! Being a multi owner vehicle...my thought could be that someone was sick of waiting for the head-gasket...traded in...then the next owner found this wasn’t the vehicle for them. Regardless, you are now the happy owner of this awesome car! Congratulations!!!!!!! Have fun with it.
-Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Congratulations on your RS! It's an awesome and unique ride.

#5 ·
Congrats on owning your dream car! Makes going to work all worth it! What a great car for a great price! Nice job!

#7 ·
Thanks so much for the replies everyone! Just put 1500 miles on it since purchase last Wednesday haha.

Regarding an ECU tune, I don't have an access port to check how many times the ECU was flashed, but I will say it feels much faster than some of the stock RS's I've test driven over the past few months. This thing gets up and goes! I should be getting an access port soon to check for that, curious myself as to what was done electronically to this car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.