Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am officially car-less. I went all in on pure hype, for the Focus RS.:D

Ever since they announced the new RS will be coming stateside, I decided to sell off my current cars and consolidate to only one car.

Right after they announced it, I sold my mint 2002 SVT focus, bone stock, 29K miles.

Then came the hard one to part with, absolutely loved this car. After much going back and forth to sell it or not, a co-worker overheard I was selling it. Which led his co-worker's relative to buying it last month. Both co-worker's could not believe I decided to sell it, longest I have ever kept a car.

2005 CLK55 AMG Brilliant Silver (1 of 247 imported to the US) 37K miles.

I had Kleemann Headers, Renntech CF Airbox, AFE Pro-Dry Filters, and a Eurocharged Tune

Full weight, it ran [email protected] Missing this car already.

And yesterday sold my daily driver - 2009 Acura RDX SH-AWD 39K miles.

Great car overall. Perfect for a daily.

I hope I made the right decision! Overall, I think I have. I say that now, until the asinine 10K market adjustments surface. ;)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Lol nice. I need to trim some fat too before the RS comes out.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I too am wondering why you sold your beater 6 months ahead of time?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Clean cars!

So what are you driving for the next 6-8 months?
Thanks. I have access to another vehicle for the time being, might pick up older mustang or f-body to DD for now.

GTE, my Acura had an extended warranty, thought it would be better to sell it now, while it has a good amount of warranty left as opposed wait. It sold faster than I expected.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bad news. just heard they are delaying the RS to come stateside because nobody wants them.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well they will be limited numbers so there will probably be a long wait list for arrival first come first serve, should of at least kept the focus for a daily being the cheapest to run

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
I was going to sell my 2011 SRT 8 challenger, but will wait to see if Ford dealer tries to mark up price on RS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,325 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I admire your courage and refuse to imitate it. All your exes there are glorious, btw. How was that Benz?
Thanks. The Benz was fantastic, which is making this move back to Ford more difficult. I won't miss 7-800 dollar front rotors though. Really having a hard time not pulling a trigger on a used C63 coupe. Having no car now, makes it even harder. haha.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Harsh, I've sold the majority of my fun old cars this past month too to pay off debts and make the possibility of owning one of these things next year a reality. My 2014 fiesta was actually written off, sold my '89 RX7, and my '73 RX3. Have my '76 Datsun still but who knows lol. Being debt free for a year minus my mortgage is mighty tempting at this point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
Solhaven
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing