Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the stock exhaust and stock downpipe laying around for around and the misses is getting pissed off seeing it take up space and ideally I am too.

What I don't know is I know some cut the stock exhaust system to put in a new exhaust system.

My only problem is idk what they did because I'm not the original owner.

Can y'all tell me if any of these are sellable?

Thanks I really appreciate it

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sure. People may need it to return to stock.

Also if there is a cat included, that can be worth a lot of cash.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
OE exhaust is one piece and its PITA to remove it as such.

Cutting it to two pieces is recommended, even the Ford Performance one guided to cut it.

Looks like it got cut at the right spot that a clamp can be used to put it back together.

Some do look for low miles OE exhaust due to they got tired of their aftermarket one and want it quite.

Good Luck.

Reactions: Wiley Marmot

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Yep, you may need to hold it for some time though. I have kept the stock muffler on mine, even with aftermarket downpipe and hotrod parts because I want it to remain quiet. Noise doesn't make power to the road, only in your head. Anyway, yes it will sell, eventually. Heck, I might even want it someday, but not right now.

Reactions: 320icar

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks but keeping it is out of the question.

That's good I can sell both the exhaust and downpipe but I sold the cat long time ago.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
348 Posts
Just to clarify, what you're referring to as a down pipe is the mid pipe. A down pipe comes off the turbo, and in our case, the stock one had a cat.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I voted "Yes", but that comes with the caveat of it might take awhile and you likely won't get much for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much are stock exhausts and midpipes going for?

If it ain't much I'm taking it to the scrap yard

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the stock exhaust and stock downpipe laying around for around and the misses is getting pissed off seeing it take up space and ideally I am too.

What I don't know is I know some cut the stock exhaust system to put in a new exhaust system.

Is the exhaust still available? I just purchased a used 2016 with a Borla and I think I would like to return it to original to quiet it down a bit.
Let me know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the exhaust still available? I just purchased a used 2016 with a Borla and I think I would like to return it to original to quiet it down a bit.
Let me know.
Yes it is available

·
Registered
4 Posts

I am new to the forum thing. how do we make this happen?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll have to start a for sale post and then you can pay me through PayPal

Reactions: nicklulu
1 - 13 of 13 Posts