Ford Focus RS Forum banner
201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I believe it is a M12 fine thread.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Thanks. Do you happen to have the parts that came with Ohlins? The ones to install the OE mount and not the Vorshlag camber plates? I just need some pictures of what they look like.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Thanks. Do you happen to have the parts that came with Ohlins? The ones to install the OE mount and not the Vorshlag camber plates? I just need some pictures of what they look like.
Today's your lucky day @Zaluss! I found my bag-o-stuff that came with my Ohlins. Thankfully Vorshlag was nice enough to send me everything that came with the kit even though they pre-assembled my camber plates onto the dampers.

Also, I took a thread gauge on the nuts that came with the kit and it is in fact an M12x1.25 (as far as I can tell). Doesn't look like there's anything special about em apart from being nylocs.

Here's hoping I get some good karma for next year

·
Registered
78 Posts
Today's your lucky day @Zaluss! I found my bag-o-stuff that came with my Ohlins. Thankfully Vorshlag was nice enough to send me everything that came with the kit even though they pre-assembled my camber plates onto the dampers.

Also, I took a thread gauge on the nuts that came with the kit and it is in fact an M12x1.25 (as far as I can tell). Doesn't look like there's anything special about em apart from being nylocs.

Here's hoping I get some good karma for next year
Thank you!

·
Registered
44 Posts
well after the stuff up with getting the wrong set, Ohlins/Cobb sent out a replacement to me and they just arrived - thankfully the correct parts :)
They also arranged for the Mustang set to be returned without me having to pay shipping for it (as expected... although I kind of hoped they would just let me keep them haha). I did have to pay Australian customs/import fees AGAIN (which is huge in case you guys in the US don't realise how lucky you have it with parts being mostly from the US)... Cobb said they will help organise a refund of that as well, so fingers crossed.

I must say that whether it was their fault or not, Cobb (who I bought from) have been very helpful and good to deal with, and Ohlins as well seem to have played ball with the fast turnaround on the replacement.

Now just need to book in with my trusted mechanic to install and get an alignment done...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Front installed after bench torqueing the top nut and setting the preload to the factory recommended settings. Removing the front struts from the knuckle was the biggest PITA but it was otherwise trouble free.

Unfortunately I marred up the rears while trying to loosen the adjuster but it's just cosmetic. The adjuster nut took a beating...because I was trying to tighten them instead of loosening them like an idiot 😒 Install those tomorrow.

Table Wood Tool Electrical wiring Engineering

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Rim Locking hubs Automotive wheel system Gas

201 - 207 of 207 Posts