Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who thinks the RS will become an more expensive car after the vloggers, magazines, and tv shows hype this car after their first drives?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
Who thinks the RS will become an more expensive car after the vloggers, magazines, and tv shows hype this car after their first drives?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
More expensive for those that haven't ordered yet? or us that have, because I'll be damned if they try to change my price at msrp

·
Registered
43 Posts
While it was posted somewhere that Ford is more than happy to eventually accommodate all orders I can see the supply/demand balance being disturbed if auto journalists start pumping it up after test driving, reviewing etc. I know of several people out there waiting in the wings thinking "well how good can it be?"

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would expect that after the hype ramps up the dealers who have been holding out for their usurious ADM will have no shortage of people lining up to pay it. Simple supply and demand. Those of us who took the risk of ordering sight-unseen will benefit and the folks who waited will have to pay up if they want the car.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Canadian Dealers will add the ADM for sure, we were lucky to get away from it this time around. With all the positive buzz you can count on it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'd say the FoRS has the potential to be as appealing as the Dodge Hellcats when they were first released after the first drives. If that ends up being the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see the full greed come out from dealers. Especially if it ends up only being offered for MY16 in limited quantity :rugby:

·
Registered
58 Posts
The only investment is the enjoyment.

Some dealers may get their stupid ADM, but if you think the RS is an investment don't hold your breath. It will hold value beautifully but 99.9% of cars depreciat at a disgusting rate.

There are wildcats out there with almost no miles on them that are MSRP or even slightly less. Still out of my price range but still, not an investment

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
More expensive for those that haven't ordered yet? or us that have, because I'll be damned if they try to change my price at msrp
People who have already ordered should be okay. If your dealer, like mine, already agreed to MSRP then we will get MSRP.

I think new orders, remember most of the pedestrian auto-buyers haven't read the actual car magazine driving reviews yet ( Because Duh! they haven't be able to test drive cars yet) so most don't know about the RS yet will pay a significant mark-up to get their RS.

However, when the great Car Mag reviews come out, the people who ordered for MSRP or even $1k, $2K, or $5K ADM will think they got a bargain as the ADM jumps to $10K or more, especially if Ford actually limits MY2016 and then further may or may not decide to even have a MY2017 RS. Watch out if the Ford Accountability Execs get involved; and you thought the color selection was bad!

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
If the reviews uphold our expectations, I expect the demand to soar and the scene to get more frenzied with people looking for deals. It's possible that a $5K ADM deal will eventually looked upon as a bargain (by some).

Jim

·
Registered
322 Posts
Credit Default Swaps (from the movie the big short)....invest in the idea that its a safe bet, when in fact....its trash (ADM)!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Ford should definitely limit production for my16. And 17. They will have another chance to sell more rs' s in 6 or 7 years

·
Registered
669 Posts
I hope they do limit the RS to a one or two year run. It will make it all the more special if that's the case. It really comes down to when Ford will overhaul the whole Focus line with a new model. I would guess 2018ish, so one or two years of RS's may be all there is for the Mk3.

As far as reviews go, once positive reviews come out, it will only further hype the car so waiting lists will get longer. As above, the RS is still a relatively unknown car to the wider public. Once it hits the magazines and websites in reviews all that will change.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I would expect that after the hype ramps up the dealers who have been holding out for their usurious ADM will have no shortage of people lining up to pay it. Simple supply and demand. Those of us who took the risk of ordering sight-unseen will benefit and the folks who waited will have to pay up if they want the car.
I agree with this, sadly.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts