Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Is having 0.6 seconds to 60 MPH worth $40,000 ?

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  serturbo 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Not to me, as I don't have an 8-figure bank account. The RS's 4.2 sec to 60 with the PS Cups will effectively halve my current 0-60, that will be fine thanks. Also the AMG is a bigger heavier coupe - if I wanted something that size on my budget I'd be looking at the new Camaro 2SS.

#3 ·
Not just for the 0-60 sprint, but as a total package I'm sure it's worth it. I can say without a doubt, that my S6 blows any Focus out of the water when it comes to luxury and fit/finish. However, my S6 is a big highway cruiser and the C63 coupe is a much smaller package so comparing all three is skewed in many facets.

#4 ·
#5 ·
The review states that the C63 S rides very firmly even with the adjustable suspension. Makes one wonder what the RS is actually going to ride like - its spring rates are substantially higher than the ST's and even its base shock setting is reportedly very firm, the "hard" mode is only good for glassy tracks (the Nords times were better on the softer setting).

#6 ·
In a few years I'll either be in the market for an off-road vehicle or dedicated summer car to have alongside my RS. If I go the summer car route I'll be considering a used pre-2014 C63 AMG coupe or sedan. In my opinion, the 6.3L NA AMG engine sounds loads better than the new turbo V8 and I'll gladly accept the power deficit for the mechanical symphony and lower purchasing price.

#8 ·
Where did the 4.4 second 0-60 time come from? I heard rumors of it being stated in a US market slide deck, but haven't seen a picture. Roughly converted the 0-100 kph time of 4.7 seconds equates to 4.54 second 0-60 mph.

#9 ·
Chrisp,

It been in several reviews on this RS Forum; I know there has been reams of information! If I come across it again I will re-post or send you a PM. As been said elsewhere you can't linearly/empirically translate 0-100KPM directly to a 0-60 MPH time which is why 4.54 doesn't agree with 4.4

Thanks

YMMV,

MidCow3

#11 ·
Not to me, but I also don't have money spilling out of my pockets. At that point I'd probably see about shooting up to a GT-R. In either case, when you start to compare categories it gets weird. Ok, why stop at $80k? You can get a $300k car that'll go even faster! Why the arbitrary $80k price? A Tesla is what - $100k? Why not just go for that and get the Ludicrous speed upgrade? And even in the $80k category, why not go for a Vette C7 - it's faster if that's what you fancy, afaik?

#12 ·
For that money I will take an Ariel Atom 3S for a 0-60 at 2.8. If that is all we are talking about, that is your best bang for your buck at under 100K(Besides a bike). The Atom though, at least where I live, would be a summer vehicle and mostly a toy. The Vette is still the best all around vehicle in terms of performance and a livable everyday car, especially the Z06.

It really comes down to what you want. I look at some cars and ooh and awe over the Luxury but you know what? If they don't give back to the driver, I would take a stripped out car like the Atom over any GT, any day rain or shine. The RS though, should do it all, and I bet it will be better then anything around it's price :)

#13 ·
You cannot really compare price points unless the cars are new.

I'm hoping the RS is an all around good car in all categories

#16 ·
Guys, I'm still trying to figure out if the 46psi recommendation for the tires/tyres is a misprint!

If so it'll be riding a bit hard/rough.

Either way the FoRS is a steal even if it's a few tenths slower than something costing twice as much.

I went with forged and the Pro Cups, appears to be a good decision given it shaves a few tenths off the 0-60 time.

Reactions: Ex-STi
#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.