Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that Ford hasn't provided any RS's to the media? I'm really looking forward to independent reviews/test drives of the car.

Don't get me wrong, my deposit is in and my car is on order, but a small piece of me is worried that it's not going to live up to the hype. If the car is so great, why isn't Ford trying to get the car media gushing about its driving dynamics?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
with what little RS's exist being custom builds, no im not concerned.

there was an article out a while ago that said each RS that is around now costs in excess of 1.5 million each due to the custom parts on it, lack of replacement parts, and a bunch of carbon fiber

...that Ford hasn't provided any RS's to the media? I'm really looking forward to independent reviews/test drives of the car.

Don't get me wrong, my deposit is in and my car is on order, but a small piece of me is worried that it's not going to live up to the hype. If the car is so great, why isn't Ford trying to get the car media gushing about its driving dynamics?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with what little RS's exist being custom builds, no im not concerned.

there was an article out a while ago that said each RS that is around now costs in excess of 1.5 million each due to the custom parts on it, lack of replacement parts, and a bunch of carbon fiber
What carbon fiber parts are on the car? I know it's not body panels. Do you have a link to the article? I'm trying to read everything there is as a coping mechanism for the wait.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
What carbon fiber parts are on the car? I know it's not body panels. Do you have a link to the article? I'm trying to read everything there is as a coping mechanism for the wait.
It was $500k. The rear diffuser was carbon fiber. The test mules now have moved over to plastic though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts