Ford Focus RS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 293 Posts

·
Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Nice pipes. I was all set on Borla till these came along. Torn now. Not a bad problem to have I guess.
Thanks! I have a very solid recommendation but I'm sure you know what it would be :happy:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice pipes. I was all set on Borla till these came along. Torn now. Not a bad problem to have I guess.
I too was set on the Borla S-Type for a long time. Ordered an AWE Track Edition about a week and a half ago, though. Eagerly awaiting it's arrival =)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I too was set on the Borla S-Type for a long time. Ordered an AWE Track Edition about a week and a half ago, though. Eagerly awaiting it's arrival =)
I have an ETS exhaust, so this is an unbiased suggestion. Go with the AWE, like cntrdctn86 did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Installed my AWE touring addition about a week ago.

Pretty happy with it. Good price. Good sound. Black tips look good. And if nothing else, AWE is a good company. I had some difficulties with CJPony Parts *** and ended up dealing with AWE directly to find a solution. They took very good care of me and in a hurry.

***(make sure you're buying the resonated version on their site. It wasn't labeled as non-resonated and claimed all the resonated features.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got my AWE Switchpath exhaust installed and was hoping you could help me with an issue i'm having... It seems like the switch is backwards as when I put the car in normal mode the flap is open and when in sport/track it closes valve and stays closed. I figured since it was preinstalled all that had to be done is bolt it straight up but now the car is quieter than stock when in sport... Is there something I can try to get it to be the opposite. I don't want to mess anything up so i'm just waiting for guidance.

Thanks!

·
Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Just got my AWE Switchpath exhaust installed and was hoping you could help me with an issue i'm having... It seems like the switch is backwards as when I put the car in normal mode the flap is open and when in sport/track it closes valve and stays closed. I figured since it was preinstalled all that had to be done is bolt it straight up but now the car is quieter than stock when in sport... Is there something I can try to get it to be the opposite. I don't want to mess anything up so i'm just waiting for guidance.

Thanks!
PM'd ya!

·
Registered
265 Posts

Thanks!
I am having a similar issue with my exhaust. The only difference with mine is the valve only opens when i shut the car off. I am troubleshooting with Dane from AWE and he has been a huge help. Really top notch customer service. I'm looking forward to having the system working properly, but unfortunately I have to wait until October due to a business trip. :upset:

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
FWIW, CJ's now has the correct listing for the Resonated version on the site (I wanted it too and had to get a special link to order it).
Installed my AWE touring addition about a week ago.

Pretty happy with it. Good price. Good sound. Black tips look good. And if nothing else, AWE is a good company. I had some difficulties with CJPony Parts *** and ended up dealing with AWE directly to find a solution. They took very good care of me and in a hurry.

***(make sure you're buying the resonated version on their site. It wasn't labeled as non-resonated and claimed all the resonated features.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ordered my AWE track cat back from CJP last week. Look forward to receiving it!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am looking to purchase the Track Version but I really do want titanium tips. I am preparing the car to be built out for B Street next year and I want this exhaust, just want my cake and eat it too. Hoping to see the titanium tip option available soon. I am keeping my eye on this development.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
FWIW, CJ's now has the correct listing for the Resonated version on the site (I wanted it too and had to get a special link to order it).
We can do an in person track vs touring comparison ;)

·
Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
I am looking to purchase the Track Version but I really do want titanium tips. I am preparing the car to be built out for B Street next year and I want this exhaust, just want my cake and eat it too. Hoping to see the titanium tip option available soon. I am keeping my eye on this development.
I wouldn't hold off on getting equipped for the sake of a possible tip option. If we were to ever offer Ti tips, existing customers would be able to add it later. :wink:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Less interested in Ti tips, more interested in additional axleback availability ;)

101 - 120 of 293 Posts