Ford Focus RS Forum banner

301 - 306 of 306 Posts

·
Vendor
17 Posts
... what kind of voodoo did your engineers use to get the exhaust so quiet with the valve closed, but a volume and tone with the valve open that would scare Hades?:LOL: It is absolutely brilliant!
All I know is that the secret mathematical formula is protected by a supercomputer run by robots... with lasers...

·
Registered
53 Posts
All I know is that the secret mathematical formula is protected by a supercomputer run by robots... with lasers...
I believe it! =) I do have one question. I feel like I am getting a little too much flow through the valve when it is closed. At first it was just under throttle, but this morning it was very noticeable on idle and almost sounds like metal on metal rattling. Is there an adjustment/calibration procedure for the valve?

·
Vendor
17 Posts
I believe it! =) I do have one question. I feel like I am getting a little too much flow through the valve when it is closed. At first it was just under throttle, but this morning it was very noticeable on idle and almost sounds like metal on metal rattling. Is there an adjustment/calibration procedure for the valve?
I would check and tighten all of the clamps now that the system has heat cycled a couple of times.
Also, try to grab a video and DM me with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got under the car Saturday morning and re-torqued everything down. Made sure there was no contact to any of the body or under carriage. Everything looked good and no leaks from what I could see or hear.

I will get a video of what I am hearing from the valve and PM to you Dave. It could just be me and it is the way the valve is, but I swear if I didn't know any better I would say something is loose right at the valve. This is just a minor thing compared to how great this cat-back is. Absolutely loving it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been meaning to come back and post up about getting the valve rattle fixed with AWE. I had to get a new active side pipe from them. Unfortunately I like to fix things myself and because I attempted that it voided the warranty. After some discussion with AWE, they cut me a super good deal on the new piece. It has been installed for a week now, no rattle. The exhaust sounds incredible both valve open and closed.

And AWE customer service and communication is top notch. You will be hard pressed to find anyone better out there in this business. Do not sleep on this aspect of the business, it makes all the difference! AWE has made me a customer for life!

301 - 306 of 306 Posts