Ford Focus RS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds good. Just waiting on my downpipe and I'll be installing that and the Track exhaust

·
Registered
86 Posts
So I've had the Track Exhaust for over a month now and I have to say it is by far one of the loudest systems I have heard on an RS. I love every bit of it and can't get enough of the backfire gunshot sounds in sport and track mode. Every down-shift you hear the gunshots, every let off the throttle and you hear gunshots. Like I said I truly can't get enough. When I first installed the exhaust I scared the **** out of my brother when he was in the back looking at the tips, never seen him jump so high. But not to worry when in normal mode just trying to stay low key the car is still louder than stock but not overly obnoxious with the gunshots as to not bring attention to yourself when the fuzz are around. I've had to switch to normal plenty of times and have never been stopped for the exhaust here in the Mile High City. We had a bbq for my Colorado ST/RS group and by far I had the loudest exhaust even without a down-pipe. Everyone in the group had to make there way over to the car to see what exhaust I was running and what all I had on the RS. The AWE certainly gets attention when folks here them gunshots and sometimes get pissed when you downshift with their window down but who the hell cares right?

Install was not hard at all, as I am no mechanic as anyone can tell from the video but I like to do my bolt-ons myself as it makes me feel like I've actually done something to make my girl go faster. The two hardest parts of the installation was cutting the pipe because I was laying on the ground while doing so and getting the clamp from the downpipes to the resonator to seal securely. After that every thing sealed up nice and tight and only took 1.5 to 2 hours in total.

So as you can tell I love the exhaust, definitely made me car sound better especially when rolling up to car shows and events as everyone has an exhaust on their car. The stock is good for a stock exhaust but the AWE Track Exhaust is just that much better. Can't wait to get a down-pipe so my girl can start spitting flames.

·
Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
I think the video on CJ Pony Parts is the non-resonated version, should be able to find it on youtube too
That's what came to my mind, too, thought it does get a bit distorted when the car is close to the camera.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My feedback on the AWE exhaust:

I have had the track edition on for almost a week now. I had been considering an exhaust for some time but being in Australia hearing the various exhausts in the flesh is not easy. It is loud and on first drive I was thinking have I bitten off too much with our EPA and people than can randomly dob you in for a loud car and need assessment. After a few days I say [email protected]#k it and just be sensible where I need to be. Having just turned fifty helps that as well. If you like loud when want it with the ability to drive around loud and a bit of deceleration drone in a small rev window with right foot modulation you need this cat back.

I did make a few import enquiries Josh and the folks at MAP helped me out but CJ said they could not export?

·
Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
My feedback on the AWE exhaust:

I have had the track edition on for almost a week now. I had been considering an exhaust for some time but being in Australia hearing the various exhausts in the flesh is not easy. It is loud and on first drive I was thinking have I bitten off too much with our EPA and people than can randomly dob you in for a loud car and need assessment. After a few days I say [email protected]#k it and just be sensible where I need to be. Having just turned fifty helps that as well. If you like loud when want it with the ability to drive around loud and a bit of deceleration drone in a small rev window with right foot modulation you need this cat back.

I did make a few import enquiries Josh and the folks at MAP helped me out but CJ said they could not export?
You can always convert resonated or go Touring if you get tired of the Track's attitude :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am so much on the fence on the Track vs Touring non resonated. I don't mind a little loud but everyone's definition of loud is different. From the video of CJpony parts they say when cruising its not loud at all but when you romp on it, its good a loud which sounds good to me. I drive my 3 yr old to daycare everyday and just don't want to blow his ears out every morning but knowing i can drive normal and it wont be that bad sounds great to me. Also the $300-$400 price difference is on my mind as well. And for the most part some say wow its loud and others say its perfect.

For reference I had a non resonated Invidia N1 on my STi and it sounded great and was loud but to me not that loud to where it was un bearable.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You can always convert resonated or go Touring if you get tired of the Track's attitude :)
Josh,

When you say convert resonated, how do you mean? The Track does have a resonated section already. Do you mean to add another resonated section or go with a bigger resonated section? Or am I missing it and can't see the forest for the trees on the meaning?

Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am so much on the fence on the Track vs Touring non resonated. I don't mind a little loud but everyone's definition of loud is different. From the video of CJpony parts they say when cruising its not loud at all but when you romp on it, its good a loud which sounds good to me. I drive my 3 yr old to daycare everyday and just don't want to blow his ears out every morning but knowing i can drive normal and it wont be that bad sounds great to me. Also the $300-$400 price difference is on my mind as well. And for the most part some say wow its loud and others say its perfect.

For reference I had a non resonated Invidia N1 on my STi and it sounded great and was loud but to me not that loud to where it was un bearable.
I have a history of loud cars. First was a mustang GT with no cats and something that barely passes as a muffler. THAT was loud, like all the time, even if you drive very slow, so loud you can't enjoy music. Then, a z06 with just catback. Still loud, but a pleasant volume and a nice rumble even when driving like a normal person. The AWE track is so pleasing to me; it's pretty ferocious sounding when you step on it, but when you're just cruising around it's really not objectively loud for a car. You'll notice it, but you won't bother people inside or outside the car with regular driving. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Josh,

When you say convert resonated, how do you mean? The Track does have a resonated section already. Do you mean to add another resonated section or go with a bigger resonated section? Or am I missing it and can't see the forest for the trees on the meaning?

Thanks
Track edition does come with a resonator, think he just means convert to touring if it is a bit wild.

·
Vendor
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Track edition does come with a resonator, think he just means convert to touring if it is a bit wild.
Doh! Sorry. I must have been thinking about an individual who decided to swap out the resonator and go non-res on their Track Edition.

Disregard that. But yes, you can always convert to the Touring Edition rear section. If anyone is running non-res Touring, the resonated mid pipe can be swapped out.

261 - 280 of 304 Posts