Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a really nice set of euro shell recaros for the RS. The guys has offered to pack the seats up and put them on pallets. The issue is the seats are located in the UK. Does anyone have any experience getting large shipments from Europe/UK to the US. I’d like to know if there are any reliable companies/shippers that people have used in the past. This would be a rather big purchase so I would like to avoid any damages or companies giving me the run around. Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
One of the biggest issues you'll have is customs.

Auto parts that need to be DOT approved for use on public roads in the US (that includes seats, glass, headlights, taillights, etc) can be confiscated and destroyed if customs thinks they are for road use.

Unfortunately I don't have a place to suggest but whoever you talk to, ask them if they have experience with auto parts. Ideally they can label them for off-road use or something.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You learn something new everyday, I didn’t even consider that. Unfortunately its a private seller, and he left me to figure out shipping, which is odd. Usually shipper figure that out considering he has the items in question, hard to estimate size shape and weight of it all. I will definitely let him know about the labeling if it ends up going through. Thank you for that extra bit of info on customs, will definitely come in handy regardless.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"Automotive accessory" should fly right through in my personal experience. That being said, Seats are big.

...but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to ship them if you have no explicit intention to put them on a motor vehicle, say for a gaming room or a custom bench. seems like a seat should be okay but I really don't know. Alternatively I'll ship them for a small commission since I have access to USPS over here 😉

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently had to do a large pallet shipment from the UK to Virginia with a green MK2 RS full interior and I used Pallet Delivery | UK & International Pallet Delivery | Cheap Pallet Delivery . They were expensive but had everything shipped via DHL air cargo and came out to 1900 GBP. They had all documents ready for me and I forwarded them to the seller and they attached it to the pallet. Pickup was smooth too.Arrived the following week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts