Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the vanity and rear cargo lights with Diode Dynamics blue LED's.

TrunkLED.jpg VanityLED.jpg

I like the blue better than the factory white or red. Next is to replace the red LED's in the center console, doors, and front left and right side front foot wells.
I will have to make a custom board as these LED's are on circuit boards. I will do the front foot wells first as they are easier to replace.

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's pretty slick looking. I'm definitely interested in hearing how the modification goes. Keep us posted.

Good work!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just replaced the vanity and rear cargo lights with Diode Dynamics blue LED's.

View attachment 97810 View attachment 97818

I like the blue better than the factory white or red. Next is to replace the red LED's in the center console, doors, and front left and right side front foot wells.
I will have to make a custom board as these LED's are on circuit boards. I will do the front foot wells first as they are easier to replace.
Were these LED's a direct swap? Or did you have to add resistors / change the current level somehow?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the Blue LED's that I installed were direct swap and only took a few minutes total.
I am working on replacing the red led circuit boards in the front foot wells. After that the doors and console because that takes more time to remove stuff.

·
Registered
421 Posts
you can solder in a 8 lt led strip into existing footlwell assembly and also illuminated sill plates for both front and rear doors with no issues

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RedFootWell.jpg redFootwell-light.jpg

These are the before pictures of the footwell with the stock red LED's.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlueFootwell.jpg bluefootwell-light.jpg Bluetotal.jpg

These are with the new upgraded blue LED"S. I like this much better than red.

I will have a direct replacement for the stock ready to ship in January if anyone is interested. Next is the door panels and the console.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am interested in all blue accessories lights and zero red lights . Please . I was to start looking to make this happen but I'm fine with anyone's solid solution.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Depending on how difficult switching out the door panel and center counsel are, I'm in!

·
Registered
149 Posts

View attachment 97810 View attachment 97818

Nice work @seniorgeek!,,and very sporting to supply Diode Dynamics with your example photo for others to see! :)

PS,,,and of course also I too would like to not see red,,thanks

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More info and update soon. Blue, green, amber, and white options.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Has anyone switched out the stock map/dome LEDs? They are a warm color, I am looking for whiter light.

I replaced the two rear hatch area 168/194 bulbs with these. They are bright, and white.:cool:

1 - 20 of 128 Posts