Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day,

Wondering what intercoolers people in Aus have gone with, and what price they paid.

Most people I've seen have gone with ETS, so I'm likely to go with that, but want to do some more research before I make the decision.

What have you gone with/recommend? Or if anyone knows distributors and/or fitters in Melb, preferably south east area.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi mate and welcome to the Forum. I went with ETS and couldn't be happier. Great quality, great fit, looks stock and super efficent. Purchased mine locally through an ETS agent so I knew up front costs and didn't have to worry about shipping etc.

Only downside (if there is one) is the weight. The bar and plate design is a little on the heavy side, but it is a slight trade off compared to how well it cools.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The last I heard the RS shop in Albury did the airtec (good brand!) for either $900 shipped or $900 installed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input and welcome guys, looking for south east Vic areas if preferable. I'm considering just purchasing an ETS and taking it to a mob to get it fitted, as I can source one for about $1045. ETS seems to be the most popular for price, but I'll look into th.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just wondering why you would go aftermarket for the FMIC. Watched a few clips where Snail performance replaced the OEM FMIC and although the heat soak was reduced somewhat, the gains for such a large outlay (parts and labour) seemed a bit meh. The stock unit is regarded as pretty efficient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Just wondering why you would go aftermarket for the FMIC. Watched a few clips where Snail performance replaced the OEM FMIC and although the heat soak was reduced somewhat, the gains for such a large outlay (parts and labour) seemed a bit meh. The stock unit is regarded as pretty efficient?

No

Ciao

·
Registered
8 Posts
G'Day,

Wondering what intercoolers people in Aus have gone with, and what price they paid.

Most people I've seen have gone with ETS, so I'm likely to go with that, but want to do some more research before I make the decision.

What have you gone with/recommend? Or if anyone knows distributors and/or fitters in Melb, preferably south east area.
I would highly recommend the ETS 4" (or 5" if you're okay with cutting the bumper a bit) and the ETS charge pipes. I could not be happier with my charge temp results!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last weekend I installed the Mishimoto unit and after a few days, I'm happy with it. Install with a mate, some tools and some jack stands took about 3 hours with a few consults to Youtube. This is all in prep for a Stratified Tune coming in the new year.
East Coast of Aust means we definitely need an upgrade like this.
Found mine at Carmods Australia. Awesome price, quick delivery. Will price beat anything else you find.
Happy modding.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Installed a Mishy around 18 months ago and recently upgraded to an ETS. The workmanship on the ETS is a level above the Mishimoto unit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts