Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the Focus ST 2.0L ecoboost and the 2.3L ecoboost in the RS use the same intake manifold?

Anyone install our Turbo Tech Racing intake manifold from a 2.0L ST on a 2.3 RS?

Photos of the RS manifold would help if members post.

Also a photo of the part number of the stock RS intake manifold would help verify also.

Thanks!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Anyone know if the Focus ST 2.0L ecoboost and the 2.3L ecoboost in the RS use the same intake manifold?

Anyone install our Turbo Tech Racing intake manifold from a 2.0L ST on a 2.3 RS?

Photos of the RS manifold would help if members post.

Also a photo of the part number of the stock RS intake manifold would help verify also.

Thanks!
Yes, it is the same. I believe you guys are in MN? You can send one up my way if you want ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is the same. I believe you guys are in MN? You can send one up my way if you want ;)
@gte has beta tested out TTR mounts and are already in touch with us. Just have not posted in this thread yet. We will sure be in touch if we need additional support :) Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
@<a href="http://www.focusrs.org/forum/member.php?u=1209" target="_blank">gte</a>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> has beta tested out TTR mounts and are already in touch with us. Just have not posted in this thread yet. We will sure be in touch if we need additional support :) Thanks!!!
If GTE has your products then that pretty much means I will have to test it, because I do all the tuning for him. If you want actual testing results with hard data I'm available. We plan on doing the same thing for the RS as we do the for Ecoboost Mustang.

·
Registered
965 Posts
So, it's $600 vs $1072. Hmmm, take your pick. I can't decide. One piece vs two piece. Two piece vs four piece.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks good to me for when a bigger turbo comes into play. Both the TTR and Breedt looks good, waiting on this warranty to be over lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
You'll never see big enough gains to warrant the price tags while the car is running a stock turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll never see big enough gains to warrant the price tags while the car is running a stock turbo.

Stock turbo... on the ST was 12-14 WHP gain, NO Tune Either.... This was a direct bolt on test. For $600 this gain is BETTER valued than an exhaust $ per HP.... 100's run the TTR Manifold on the ST.

RS requires more air flow, for the more power it has; so we would go out and say, it should yield a bit more power gain yet on the RS setup.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Stock turbo... on the ST was 12-14 WHP gain, NO Tune Either.... This was a direct bolt on test. For $600 this gain is BETTER valued than an exhaust $ per HP.... 100's run the TTR Manifold on the ST.

RS requires more air flow, for the more power it has; so we would go out and say, it should yield a bit more power gain yet on the RS setup.
Has there been more testing? Because from the link stated it doesn't quote 12-14hp gain? Where are the dyno results for a 12-14hp gains?

I never said an exhaust is better value so I have no idea why you would mention that?

·
Registered
627 Posts
The stock ST intake manifold, and RS in this case, is pretty good actually. SpeedPerformance did some testing on it. The aftermarket intake manifold will be an good upgrade if there is a fuel rail system incorporated into it for guys that want to run E85 on big power setups.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think the only difference between the ST and RS intake manifold, that I'm aware of, is there is no sound symposer connection on the RS. Not really a concern I'd think though since most people rip that out on the ST anyway.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
That's a definite difference, looking at a diagram of the ST (I've never seen one) there are other small differences.

I think the only difference between the ST and RS intake manifold, that I'm aware of, is there is no sound symposer connection on the RS. Not really a concern I'd think though since most people rip that out on the ST anyway.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts