Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Last time I checked it was pretty much the same as what I pay for my VW Golf right now. Though I am almost 40 and have no tickets/multi car discount/home owners ins etc..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got a quote from my broker. This is Canadian though mind you. 20 year old driver with spotless driving record and driver training. She quoted me between $3000-$3400 a year. Quite a bit more than I'm paying now but thats the same price I was paying when I was 18 on a 2003 Impala. They screw over young male drivers here in Ontario.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You are understating the problem in Ontario. A young female gets insurance rates typically less than half a male with equal driving record - source, my long experienced insurance agent who has teenaged boys! Me, I qualify for an old fogies discount with the five car personal fleet! Luckily they also underwrite for Hagerty.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Just got a quote from my broker. This is Canadian though mind you. 20 year old driver with spotless driving record and driver training. She quoted me between $3000-$3400 a year. Quite a bit more than I'm paying now but thats the same price I was paying when I was 18 on a 2003 Impala. They screw over young male drivers here in Ontario.
What the hell? That's more than I have ever paid for all of my cars insured individually, combined! Hell, I think that's more than my entire family pays for my two Miatas, the Mustang GT, the E92 M3, the Integra R, Sonata, and Corolla. On separate plans. And my family collectively has horrible driving records!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Canada has some crazy insurance rates. I've never paid anywhere near those prices even when I was in high school! FWIW I was quoted $48.00/month for my RS through Geico.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
What the hell? That's more than I have ever paid for all of my cars insured individually, combined! Hell, I think that's more than my entire family pays for my two Miatas, the Mustang GT, the E92 M3, the Integra R, Sonata, and Corolla. On separate plans. And my family collectively has horrible driving records!
Keep in mind he's Canadian 3400 CAD = 2388 USD right now. Also, the square wheels tend to make their cars harder to control.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
You should come to the darks idea and move to michigan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
USAA Insurance- Currently have full coverage $250 deductible on 2015 Audi Q5 and 2015 VW GTI $155 a month, when u replaced the GTI with the RS the new monthly is $150.85 so it actually went down. My wife has a small accident but that's all in 7 years and we are both mid 20s.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got a quote with Geico.

26 male, $500 deductible. Plus wife with speeding ticket and 02 Escape with Umbrella.

$570~ with the RS. Up $30 from my Gen Coupe.

Not too shabby.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine will be the same as my current ST. They think I just bought another newer Focus. Its not listed as the primary car. $1300 a year, $500 deductable.2013 Jetta GLI (wifes) and RS

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Got a quote with Geico.

26 male, $500 deductible. Plus wife with speeding ticket and 02 Escape with Umbrella.

$570~ with the RS. Up $30 from my Gen Coupe.

Not too shabby.
Wait until you need to file a claim with them - what a nightmare! Check the fine print - you might be signing away your expectation to OEM parts when fixed, so you'd get cheapo Chinese parts that don't fit quite right and are a thinner metal. You might want to check. Them and Progressive are some of the worst.

Jim

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow. It really sucks being under 25.

Most of the quotes I am seeing are around ~250 month. I must be doing this wrong.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Hate to say this but, if you searched you would find other threads with this exact topic. Here is my reply:
Usaa quote here, 29 male single no accidents or tickets.

Current policy with evo and vette for 6 months: $544.78

Updated policy quote with rs and vette 6 months: $478.92

·
Registered
504 Posts
nice! I just checked USAA and they want 105 a month. Probably going to go with state farm again because USAA keeps dinging me for a parking lot backup incident from 2011 on my rates where SF doesnt care.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hate to say this but, if you searched you would find other threads with this exact topic. Here is my reply:
Usaa quote here, 29 male single no accidents or tickets.

Current policy with evo and vette for 6 months: $544.78

Updated policy quote with rs and vette 6 months: $478.92
yeah I always get screwed by USAA even when i didnt have a backing incident in a parking lot I was charged a lot. I am 32 YOM with a wife, kid, and a house and they want 618 every 6 months. Last ding was in 2011...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts