Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 356 Posts
All you need to tell them is "Ford Focus - family car. 4 door, great safety features , brand new".
I currently pay 217 for 2 cars (2013 Civic SI and 2014 Mazda 3)- they dont care to look at the HP.

All you need to tell them is "Ford Focus - family car. 4 door, great safety features , brand new".
I currently pay 217 for 2 cars (2013 Civic SI and 2014 Mazda 3)- they dont care to look at the HP.
Doesn't matter how you describe your cars to your insurance company. They have the VIN number, and can tell exactly what you drive from it.

Doesn't matter how you describe your cars to your insurance company. They have the VIN number, and can tell exactly what you drive from it.
That is very true, however if you implant that information into their head, they will eventually forget to double check the trim (hopefully) :). I do all of my business over the phone and I call multiple times to and then I ask again to make sure they but just the limited number of info for the quote. It varies :)

When the STi first came out my friend had one and they insured it as a base impreza by accident. A year later they figured it out and he had to sell...he was 17.

I've got a call into my agent for an estimate. I'll post what I hear back. I'm expecting to hear that they can't tell me anything yet. Here's to hoping they lump it in with the other Focii.

This is what I would expect for a decent driver

I pay $77 per month on a Genesis Coupe 3.8 R Spec. That is also a 350hp car, but it's not just about performance. It's safety features as well, but it's mainly about the cost of replacement and repair. I would estimate 25 to 35% higher than an FoST depending upon specifications.

This seems way too high per month. Any FOST owners provide some guidance based on their experiences?
I have a 2014 FoST base, 40 yrs old, clean driving record, couple hail claims in the past few years, very good credit score, living in Cbus, OH and pay $43.33 per month for full coverage 100/300/100 and $500 deductibles.

I am thinking it may be lower than the ST. The ST is very popular amongst 18 - 24 year olds, thus having a higher risk. The RS is hopefully priced out of that demographics reach, and thus will be driven by late 20's into late 30's guys with families, etc, thus reducing the overall perceived risk of the demographic driving the car.

It's the same reason even as a early 20's kid, a corvette isn't that much to insure. All the 45+ year old guys that have them keep the overall risk rate lower for that vehicle.

I have been wondering this myself. Hoping USAA charges about the same as they do for the FoST.
What are you paying with USAA, I haven't been using them for a while, considering going back to them. They gave me an excellent rate on my SS when I had it. also what is your age and applicable information, so I can make an educated guess.

What are you paying with USAA, I haven't been using them for a while, considering going back to them. They gave me an excellent rate on my SS when I had it. also what is your age and applicable information, so I can make an educated guess.
I don't have an ST with USAA at the moment. I was just getting quotes to help determine which vehicle to get. We currently have 4 people on our policy including a 23 year old male and an 18 year old female, It would cost us around $115 a month for an ST or $695 for 6 months with the 23 year old as the primary driver. The 2016 ST would be replacing our 2004 OZ Rally Lancer and believe it or not it is actually cheaper.

I asked for a quote with MetLife and they did not yet have any info in their system. A bit odd - if this were a normal production model, the 16's might already be on the streets.

Jim

Quoted the car with Progressive tonight using the VIN in one of the SEMA threads.

Current rate is $43.33/month with 100/300/100 and $500 deductibles for my 2014 Focus ST1. The RS is tentatively going to be a whopping $44.30/month.

Quoted the car with Progressive tonight using the VIN in one of the SEMA threads.

Current rate is $43.33/month with 100/300/100 and $500 deductibles for my 2014 Focus ST1. The RS is tentatively going to be a whopping $44.30/month.
Did you call them? Their website is not finding it. This is the VIN I was using (did I read it wrong some how?) WF0DF3TH0G4112684

41 - 60 of 356 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.