Ford Focus RS Forum banner
341 - 356 of 356 Posts
Can you guys in the states explain what you mean when you say “250k/500k”

Here in BC we have provincial insurance. So for me it’s about $197cad a month. 500 deduc 2mil liability.

(For those wondering, our minimum liability is $1,000,000 which is probably why icbc is in such a black hole of debt. Super bad drivers and everyone thinks they’ve won a lottery when hit and lawyer up)
How old are you? Potentially thinking of moving back to BC and without a BC drivers license I can't seem to get a decent quote. Most are estimating about $550 a month which is crazy. $197 would be better, but even less would be great.

In Calgary, I pay $177 a month which is combined with my condo insurance

That different in Canada huh? No wonder my relatives in Toronto and Niagara falls tells me I dive fast.

Here San Diego, you will get ran over if you only do the posted speed limit.

That different in Canada huh? No wonder my relatives in Toronto and Niagara falls tells me I dive fast.

Here San Diego, you will get ran over if you only do the posted speed limit.
I drove my big turbo fiesta twice in California. Best driving experience ever. You can actually drive the car to it's potential there. Few times I was going 85mph (which is stinking fast in Canadian speed lol - We can barely go 65mph and not get in ****) on the I5 and the CHP didn't even blink an eye and I even got a few thumbs up lol. I love oceanside/San Diego. I'll probably take the RS down there next year

MA in a terrible zip code for insurance rates. Full coverage and $1k deductible. $3300/year. Note that i have 05 points on my driving history so that's adding around $1400/year which i finally get rid of in June of this year.

We pay about $2,800/year for the RS and a 2020 4runner. Pretty substantial coverage. We have DUI and drivers not carrying insurance problems here in CO. Makes prices pretty bad for those following the rules. We're both 31, wife has a pretty clean history. I had a claim 3 years ago, but no speeding tickets in a long time.

Found this interesting. CO isn't in the top 10, but makes the list as the state with the highest YoY increase. Also, not sure how credible this source is: https://patch.com/us/across-america/here-are-states-priciest-car-insurance

Often times, but not always, monthly insurance rates are low because people don’t even know what their policies are. It’s always a good idea to know what your premiums are vs. insured & uninsured motorists & also vs. property damage. Most cheap insurance rates will be due to the policy having extremely low premiums, which is basically no coverage, should something unforeseen happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think i am about 1300 a year in colorado, surprisingly more vs newer Laramie longhorn cummins dually but substantially less vs 2018 Trackhawk.
Clean record for wife and i.
Should touch on level of coverage..."i am covered" and my agent can comfortably retire 4 years earlier just because of my coverages.

Last Speeding ticket in 1991, Clean Record thus far. Here in NH I pay Full Coverage $860/year ($500 deductible) for my RS.

Once upon a time in 2015 I lived in Corpus Christi Texas, I just about blew chunks when they quoted me Liability on my hunk of junk 2002 Regal GS rust bucket from hell (But it had balls). It's crowded down there and many people drive like total a$$ Clowns.

341 - 356 of 356 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.