Ford Focus RS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man, y'all pay crazy prices. I pay ~$43/month for my RS full coverage. I also have included my 1997 Mustang Cobra for ~$20/month for the same coverage. The priciest part of the auto policy is my wife's 2018 Buick Encore and it's ~$51/month.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As said, depends on a lot of factors. Age, driving record, location, etc. It's pretty easy to get a quote, especially from progressive.

I pay $46 a month for my ST with full coverage, $500 deductible, $100k/$300k. I'm 33 with a clean driving record.

I quoted the same on a 2017 RS including gap insurance and it was $60/month.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Clean driving record, live in MD, 33, $250k/$500k, Full Coverage, $500 deductible = $90/mo with Progressive, without a 2nd car discount or multi-policy discount.

·
Banned
589 Posts
I called AAA on the RS & age had nothing to do with the rates, it was based solely on the VIN make/model of the vehicle. My premium would’ve gone up $500 annually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Exactly. Audi S3 or VW Golf R too
I pay $55 a month for my 14 ST through Allstate. White male mid 40's. Full coverage with clean driving record.

I would be happy with $75 a month for the RS.
Seems a bit high for your age and clean record, but location is a factor too. I'm 33 and was paying $45/month through progressive ($300k/100k, $500 deductible, full coverage, gap insurance, etc). I've quoted with All-State for my cars and they've always been way higher. I'm paying about $63/month on the RS with Progressive and All-State quoted me at like $95/month. I have my motorcycles insured through them, which oddly is cheaper than Progressive while cars are more.

Regarding the Golf R being cheaper than the STI to insure, that's not surprising. A big part of rates is the statistical rate/percentage of accidents for that model. The Golf R generally has a more mature group of owners. Probably less claims and maybe less overall owners so rates are lower.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i pay $88 / month for my 2017 GTI in Texas. I quoted a RS to replace it and it went up to $112 / month.

I'm 29, not married, no house which is why I was told my rates would be higher. But I also have uninsured, under insured etc bc unfortunalty in Texas a lot of people don't have insurance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i pay $88 / month for my 2017 GTI in Texas. I quoted a RS to replace it and it went up to $112 / month.

I'm 29, not married, no house which is why I was told my rates would be higher. But I also have uninsured, under insured etc bc unfortunalty in Texas a lot of people don't have insurance.
Is it not required by state law to at least have liability, or a lot of people just don't? There a fair amount here (Ohio) that don't even though it's legally required. The only accident I've ever been in was at the fault of an insured driver, and a coworker was involved in a hit and run on the freeway here too.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
man yalls are so cheap. when i got my rs, it was 550/month 150/300k. now i have a saab suv and my rs and its 380/month. :(

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts

Rates drop at 25. But honestly your monthly is not bad at all. I pay slightly more than you do (your quoted monthly on the RS) and I've got a decade and a half on you and I own a house. My autos are tied to my homeowners and I get a good deal on my homeowners, not so much on my vehicles even with a multi-vehicle discount. Marriage would help, that's about all you could do, but I skipped that altogether as it costs entirely too much. Too much financial risk to me, during, and if it blows up. DINK is the dream, but only if she makes that scrilla. My money is my money, I work and have worked my A off for it.

TX just sucks on insurance, period. It also sucks on property taxes. We don't pay state income tax but boy do they get you with property tax and homeowners/auto/motorcycle insurance premiums.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it not required by state law to at least have liability, or a lot of people just don't? There a fair amount here (Ohio) that don't even though it's legally required. The only accident I've ever been in was at the fault of an insured driver, and a coworker was involved in a hit and run on the freeway here too.

unfortunately a lot of people don't have insurance down here. it is legally required, but being texas we have a lot of people that aren't here legally which prevents them from getting insurance without questions being raised. i'm sure there are people down here as well that are just idiots and don't have it but in my experience that is usually why.

so having uninsured is basically a must here.

and yeah also TX gonna get that money from you somewhere. But I'm happy with what i'm paying now. and if it goes up a bit on the RS that's fine. Allstate originally quoted me $195 / month for my GTI. I switched to Geico instantly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
$88/mo w a 10% discount if I pay in full through USAA. Which is great rate for the worst insurance state this side of the Mississippi, New Jersey.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Florida here. It's roughly $1200 a year. Now they do some number games and make it look like the car is only $50 a month but you really look at the cost to add the car and it's $600 for 6 months. And that's the best rate for me period. I called AAA and a few other guys, most of them wanted $2k a year. Anyways, in Alabama my premium was $30 a month (moved two months ago). Driving record hasn't changed nor has the insurance company. Just shows what the location you're quoting for REALLY makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Can you guys in the states explain what you mean when you say “250k/500k”

Here in BC we have provincial insurance. So for me it’s about $197cad a month. 500 deduc 2mil liability.

(For those wondering, our minimum liability is $1,000,000 which is probably why icbc is in such a black hole of debt. Super bad drivers and everyone thinks they’ve won a lottery when hit and lawyer up)

·
Banned
589 Posts
Florida here. It's roughly $1200 a year. Now they do some number games and make it look like the car is only $50 a month but you really look at the cost to add the car and it's $600 for 6 months. And that's the best rate for me period. I called AAA and a few other guys, most of them wanted $2k a year. Anyways, in Alabama my premium was $30 a month (moved two months ago). Driving record hasn't changed nor has the insurance company. Just shows what the location you're quoting for REALLY makes a difference.

Yep, that’s exactly what AAA said to me. It was a fixed rate, based off of the year/make/model & had nothing to do with my age or driving record. In fact, I even asked the agent if I could get a discounted rate because of my age & perfect record & she said no, that’s not how it goes, so my premium would go up around $500 per/year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Can you guys in the states explain what you mean when you say “250k/500k”
250K/500K in this case means 250K per person/500K per incident maximum liability. I don't think I could even get a car insurance with a higher limit than 500K in California but you can get an umbrella policy that will cover above the 500K and it's not that expensive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Browsing through this thread I was shocked at how low some of you are paying. I'm paying $160/month with a clean driving record through Geico for 100/300 with $500 deductible in Connecticut. I quoted California and it dropped to $150/month. I then quoted my old address in North Carolina and it dropped to $60/month. Huge difference depending on location.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've noticed that the biggest variations in price are how you fit in the to companies pricing model. Most companies now of days use a insurance score this score is unique to every person based on pretty much your credit score. With that said quote yourself with many different companies and see how you fit in to there model.

321 - 340 of 356 Posts