Ford Focus RS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Im paying $5 more per month then when I had my Focus S. Nobody tell Geico about their mistake.....

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I've been with USAA for over 20 years and find them to be an excellent company to deal with. When I called them to add the RS, all they asked was which model Ford I had and I said Focus. No more questions. I pay on a monthly basis for all my insurance products and don't think it went up that much... Certainly not $500/month. Of course I'm probably much older then most of you with a pretty clean driving record.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I just called to switch insurance from my mustang to the RS. He's telling me I'm going up 30 bucks a month. Time to start shopping...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm currently paying less on my RS, than I am on a 2012 Dodge Durango!
These prices are for a 6-Month Policy with Allstate

36-year old, married, with multiple policies:

2012 Dodge Trk Durango - $302.52
2016 Ford Focus - 241.72

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm with AAA and paying $1,158 a year.
Thats with $500K Bodily Injury, $100K Property, $300K Uninsured Bodily injury, and $500 deductibles on Comp and Collision.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Oh also I should mention I have full coverage for me and my wife, plus roadside assistance. For what it's worth, Nationwide quoted me 140 and geico 199. I have Allstate and I'm paying 126.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Depends on age and driving record. I'm under 25 with a clean record with multiple cars and motorcycles on GEICO I'm about about $160 a month with 50k bodily and $500 comp collision deductibles. I'm also in CA which is one of the more expensive places to get insurance

·
Registered
55 Posts
Depends on age and driving record. I'm under 25 with a clean record with multiple cars and motorcycles on GEICO I'm about about $160 a month with 50k bodily and $500 comp collision deductibles. I'm also in CA which is one of the more expensive places to get insurance
Wow! Thats still an awesome rate! Im 26 and this would be my first car that I purchase, guess Im gonna have to bite the $200 bullet :cold:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm paying $650 a year with geico, maximum coverage.
I chose to go with progressive even though theyre alittle more expensive, geico just randomly dropped my dads motocycle insurance by sending him a letter in the mail saying he was no longer covered, never had an accident or ticket so theyre not getting my business

·
Registered
135 Posts
compared to the Evo and STI the RS is for sure on the lower side of insurance cost. Insurance companies now of days don't just take in to consideration the simple thinks like Age, Sex, driving record, type of vehicle, and territory. They now have a insurance score on each individual that plays a huge factor in it all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
With that said you might not fit in to one insurance companies mold (They will be really pricy) but you could fit right in to another companies mold (they will offer the best price for you) so do try and quote with as many as your frustration level allows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm 29 and paying $251 a month with $300k bodily and $500 comp collision deductibles. I only have my CA license since 2 years no tickets /DUI's, but have a 9 year clean driving record in the Netherlands. Ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm 29 and paying $251 a month with $300k bodily and $500 comp collision deductibles. I only have my CA license since 2 years no tickets /DUI's, but have a 9 year clean driving record in the Netherlands. Ridiculously expensive.
Wow that is pretty price... I would for sure after your six months are up or your year shop around.

301 - 320 of 352 Posts