Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what the insurance rates will be like. Clean record myself. But don't know how they treat a car such as this? Any insight? Just want a have some kind of idea. Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you have previously owned a Focus ST, I would say it should be close.
However, it depends on multiple factors, no one could tell you for certain outside your insurance company.
State, county, town, driving record, etc.. All come into play with this.
Talk to your insurance company rep for an exact figure.

·
Registered
971 Posts
This seems way too high per month. Any FOST owners provide some guidance based on their experiences?
I pay $77 per month on a Genesis Coupe 3.8 R Spec. That is also a 350hp car, but it's not just about performance. It's safety features as well, but it's mainly about the cost of replacement and repair. I would estimate 25 to 35% higher than an FoST depending upon specifications.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have talked to mine concerning the future increase, being they don't have a RS in the system, I asked to do it based on value of $40k for grins.

I'm paying $53 mth/$319 semi annually, for just liability on '02 Focus, '89 Merk, and '72 Spitfire...if they only knew what was under the hood...shhhhhh

Now the quote is $91 or $546 semi annually, and yes comp and collision on the RS

Don't really see how it could be more accident prone that a ST, will handle better and stay out of the ditches, off the poles.....I guess there will be some idiots that will loose it:p. But no statistics to base....yet

·
Registered
971 Posts
I pay $77 per month on a Genesis Coupe 3.8 R Spec. That is also a 350hp car, but it's not just about performance. It's safety features as well, but it's mainly about the cost of replacement and repair. I would estimate 25 to 35% higher than an FoST depending upon specifications.
Should add this is fully comprehensive coverage.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have talked to mine concerning the future increase, being they don't have a RS in the system, I asked to do it based on value of $40k for grins.

I'm paying $53 mth/$319 semi annually, for just liability on '02 Focus, '89 Merk, and '72 Spitfire...if they only knew what was under the hood...shhhhhh

Now the quote is $91 or $546 semi annually, and yes comp and collision on the RS

Don't really see how it could be more accident prone that a ST, will handle better and stay out of the ditches, off the poles.....I guess there will be some idiots that will loose it:p. But no statistics to base....yet
I am sure initially it will based off price, replacement/repair costs and safety data from Ford?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I pay 380 a month for my Focus ST, VW Jetta, Chrylser 300, and my homeowners insurance.

I believe the ST is around 70 but would probably be around 100-120 if I didn't have other vehicles and house bundled.

Also 29 yo with spotless driving record

·
Registered
716 Posts
You guys think a new STi would be comparable? Most insurance companies have that on their site for an available vehicle to get a quote for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
24 when I got my FoST w/ clean driving record. St. Louis, MO. Minimum requirements for full coverage had me at $65/mo. with Geico.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I pay $55 a month for my 14 ST through Allstate. White male mid 40's. Full coverage with clean driving record.

I would be happy with $75 a month for the RS.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Shesh. Did a few quotes online and they were not pretty. Male, 23, one speeding ticket when I was 17-18 yo maybe. For a new STi it was 205 a month, but weirdly a Golf R was about 120. Used S4 was 140.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Shesh. Did a few quotes online and they were not pretty. Male, 23, one speeding ticket when I was 17-18 yo maybe. For a new STi it was 205 a month, but weirdly a Golf R was about 120. Used S4 was 140.
My understanding is if you have speeding tickets they stay on your record for 3 years and if you don't get any violations in that time frame they are gone.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts