Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been talked about but I couldn't find the issue anywhere on the internet at all.

Last week I turned the car on and the entire 'infotainment' system did not power on. I got no RS/Ford Performance movie and the screen was just black. No sound was playing at all and even after turning everything off and back on again it still wouldn't work. I tried running Android Auto and Car Play on it and nothing. The screen in the gauge cluster was fine it was just the main center screen that wouldn't power up.

The problem has since gone away randomly on it's own and seems to be working fine now but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue and what their solution might have been to it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Sorry if this has already been talked about but I couldn't find the issue anywhere on the internet at all.

Last week I turned the car on and the entire 'infotainment' system did not power on. I got no RS/Ford Performance movie and the screen was just black. No sound was playing at all and even after turning everything off and back on again it still wouldn't work. I tried running Android Auto and Car Play on it and nothing. The screen in the gauge cluster was fine it was just the main center screen that wouldn't power up.

The problem has since gone away randomly on it's own and seems to be working fine now but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue and what their solution might have been to it.
Happened to me. Randomly worked the next day when I started the car up, and has never came back since.

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's a computer really. Most times a restart of the vehicle will work,. If not, you disconnect the negative cable for 5-10 minutes and that will let the module shutdown and reboot. You can also just pull the fuse (look in manual for SYNC module) and do it that way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Smells like an electrical short. I've dealt with them in the RS. no fun

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Happened to me maybe twice, plus a couple times where it boots up, then reboots a few seconds later. Shut down car and open door (just restarting the car isn't enough). That brought it back up for me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happened to me maybe twice, plus a couple times where it boots up, then reboots a few seconds later. Shut down car and open door (just restarting the car isn't enough). That brought it back up for me.
I tried that! I turned off car > Opened door > Closed Door > Locked Car then waited about 5 minutes with the issue still coming up. I tried it a few different times before it went away. Strange.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts