Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Ford Focus RS that I am rebuilding the front end on. I was about to purchase an impact bar for it until I saw the price difference from an ST and RS impact bar (about $300). Does anyone have any information on if a ST impact bar will fit my RS and if I will run into any problems with fitment of the other components? As for my understanding a lot of the ST parts will fit RS models. If anyone has a parts list that would really save me a lot of money!

·
Registered
2016 NB
136 Posts
If I get you right you need the item marked <10922 on the picture. Yes, it should be the same on all mk3 Focuses, and C-MAX/Grand C-MAX also.

Some of the other parts can be unique to RS, and some can be shared between models, you'll need to check them individually.

Product Green Slope Organism Font

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
the RS one might be different because of the threaded hole for tow hook?

Reactions: ControlNode

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
All the EU-made focuses have the front tow hook hole, including RS&ST.
BTW, does anybody know why did Ford dropped this feature in US? Don't you need to tow the vehicle occasionally?
But the guy looking is in the US, so maybe that's why there is a different part number (and price difference).

A lot of tow truck drivers i've talked to don't like using those types of tow hooks. They prefer using beefier hooks on the control arms.

Reactions: ControlNode

·
Registered
2016 NB
136 Posts
Yeah, that could be the reason.
Just to clear my point up: I suppose the OP doesn't necessary need the exact RS part if the tow hook hole isn't much needed, so it seems any focus bar should fit the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts