Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lol at the Chappelle meme.

Yeah it's kinda like that. I'm going to desperately try to not mod this car for a bit... it's a huge internal battle.

So... uh, anyone got a stock exhaust they wanna ditch cheap? I'm going to cut it up...
Sigh.
you're looking for a stock exhaust? i have a stock DP to get rid of

·
Registered
20 Posts
Too bad you didn't have more time down here with the car. Pretty much every road that crosses the blue ridge escarpment on the SC/NC border is a good drive. Could of ran up SC 11 out of Walhalla to SC 130 then take the Wiggins connector to SC 107 back down to 28, throw in a side trip down warwoman rd halfway to Clayton GA, the fun part is the half closest to 28.

Still a great way to pick up a new car though! Love the SG too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
you're looking for a stock exhaust? i have a stock DP to get rid of
Just the tail section for now. Thought I might weld up my own cat-back, but I want to cut out the exhaust valve from a stock unit. And I don't want to cut up mine, in case I want to go back. Thx!

·
Premium Member
4,182 Posts
@MotorCade , hard to quit the habit on modding the RS mang.

See what a drink or two and late night show with Samuel L. Jackson on the telly can do to me:

Pulled the trigger!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Nice! I have been eyeing a few things on Mountune's site. Need to stay away from there if I've had a couple drinks... ha ha.

Erm, I mean, "Stock is good. Stock is well-engineered. Stock is reliable. Stock is our friend."

Sigh. I have 40 other projects that all need doing. But I am like a kindergartner standing in a candy shop and being told "look, but don't touch anything!"

I can live with everything it is as it is. But the first stuff I need to change is seating postion and pedal placement. After that, I'm arguing with myself about whether or not I should bump the ride height up a little (because Michigan roads) and grab some standard brake calipers/discs and 15" wheels for winter duty. Some dry-break brake lines on the corners would make swapping brakes and wheels/tires to sporty ones in the summer a 30 minute job.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Nice! I have been eyeing a few things on Mountune's site. Need to stay away from there if I've had a couple drinks... ha ha.

Erm, I mean, "Stock is good. Stock is well-engineered. Stock is reliable. Stock is our friend."

Sigh. I have 40 other projects that all need doing. But I am like a kindergartner standing in a candy shop and being told "look, but don't touch anything!"

I can live with everything it is as it is. But the first stuff I need to change is seating postion and pedal placement. After that, I'm arguing with myself about whether or not I should bump the ride height up a little (because Michigan roads) and grab some standard brake calipers/discs and 15" wheels for winter duty. Some dry-break brake lines on the corners would make swapping brakes and wheels/tires to sporty ones in the summer a 30 minute job.
And so begins the “common sense“ phase.
Next comes the “ might as well stage”
Prepare for the “this needs to be done, to get full benefit” project.
When you get to the “life has no purpose without this mod”....you’re there.
All those other projects.....remember,

4DE8E0A2-99E4-4CE1-AF97-1E25FF24D5D1.jpeg

Life, will find a way....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh, yes. Lots of times.

To preserve my (in)sanity I will continue to push through all the other garage projects and try not to touch the RS for now. For now.

·
Premium Member
4,182 Posts
When you do the pedal placement, heres a tip:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Interesting. The pic shown was clearly a locknut. Similar to a mil-spec jetnut, they are 'pinched' into oblong shape to mechanically lock in position. They can be pretty aggressive on threads. I'm not surprised they used locknuts there, the pedal assembly is sort of a critical one to operator safety. I'll take a peek and see if I have locknuts on there before I do mine, and if so, I'll make sure I have the right bolts and nuts to replace completely if they do strip out on removal. McMaster-Carr is on my speed dial.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Oh, one way to deal with locknuts is to dremel out slots on the opposing locking faces. In other words, cut the nut, almost down to the threads, but not quite. It should unscrew without issue after that. Then replace with new ones on reassembly.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts