Ford Focus RS Forum banner

621 - 626 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am new here, im from Niles, and I just bought a 2016 ford focus rs and I dont have any idea what the car is capable off or what kind of mods should i put there, and I have read that this car has a lot of issues as well regarding engine, clutch recalls, transmission etc.. I really need someone who can guide me through it someone knowledgable that's why I am looking for a trustworthy tuner within my area or not far more than 20 miles, any help will be much appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #623
Hi I am new here, im from Niles, and I just bought a 2016 ford focus rs and I dont have any idea what the car is capable off or what kind of mods should i put there, and I have read that this car has a lot of issues as well regarding engine, clutch recalls, transmission etc.. I really need someone who can guide me through it someone knowledgable that's why I am looking for a trustworthy tuner within my area or not far more than 20 miles, any help will be much appreciated thanks!
I have one of the first 2016. Stock. Only recall I am aware of is the Head gasket one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
You are confusing the regular Focus recalls with the RS recalls.

The regular Focus has a massive transmission problem.

The RS does NOT come equipped with the crappy transmission that has been the recent subject of recalls and bad press.

The RS has only two recalls I'm aware of.

The Head Gasket recall.

And the wider, Focus general recalls for the hatch programming. Apparently in the case of a rear-end accident the hatch can pop-open so there was a programming change to the BCM.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #625

The RS does NOT come equipped with the crappy transmission that has been the recent subject of recalls and bad press.

The Head Gasket recall.

And the wider, Focus general recalls for the hatch programming. Apparently in the case of a rear-end accident the hatch can pop-open so there was a programming change to the BCM.
Forgot the hatch one that was earlier on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

The Head Gasket recall.

Oh alright, thank you for the info, and by any chance,

Oh alright, thank you for the info, and by any chance if you happen to know a place like a trust worthy performance garage that specializes on focus rs mods and upgrades near chicago?

621 - 626 of 626 Posts
About this Discussion
625 Replies
90 Participants
Darryl
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing