Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 640 Posts
There does not appear to be any difference in retail or stock orders when it comes to the selection process. Both types go against allocations. However we gave seen some movement of allocations from dealers just ordering stock units and those ordering for customers. Do you know what status the order has? If t hasn't been selected yet, get them to add your name to the order in the system.
Thanks for the info, I will request they add my name to the order. I have no idea what the status is of the order. The dealership hasn't been able to provide much info. As I get info Iwill post it up.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Thanks for the info, I will request they add my name to the order. I have no idea what the status is of the order. The dealership hasn't been able to provide much info. As I get info Iwill post it up.
Get your order number at a minimum. At least then you can get status updates from sources other than your dealer.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
I have managed to get the vehicle order confirmation. On it , it says order no : 0001 priority : 10
Ok, so post that and your dealer code on the order status thread asking for an update and I am sure someone will oblige. You're too late to get added to the main list but at least you should be able to find out where your at right now. Your priority code indicates a retail order not a stock one.

Ok, so post that and your dealer code on the order status thread asking for an update and I am sure someone will oblige. You're too late to get added to the main list but at least you should be able to find out where your at right now. Your priority code indicates a retail order not a stock one.
Ok thanks, will do.

Hello fellow Illinois future RS owners... can we get an idea of where we ended up purchasing our Fords, what color/package(s) did we get and was it MSRP or how much over/under MSRP.

I live in Hinsdale, IL
I got mine at Auto Park Ford in Bremen, Indiana (about 2 hours from Chicago)
Shadow Black, RS2 package
MSRP (No ADM)
Hey Sons, Sorry to hear about your Volvo accident.

I live in Naperville
I got mine in Oswego (they only had one allocation, close to home, I got lucky)
Shadow Black, RS1 package
MSRP.

BTW, I need a helmet for HPDE/Autocross events and Idea where I can buy cheap and
any recommendations/where to buy?
Really looking forward to getting this car on the track. I've never done any HPDE events, should be great!

Hey Sons, Sorry to hear about your Volvo accident.

I live in Naperville
I got mine in Oswego (they only had one allocation, close to home, I got lucky)
Shadow Black, RS1 package
MSRP.

BTW, I need a helmet for HPDE/Autocross events and Idea where I can buy cheap and
any recommendations/where to buy?
Really looking forward to getting this car on the track. I've never done any HPDE events, should be great!
Hey Fr33dive, for a helmet - I use Amazon, go to auto racing helmets where they will have 15+ to choose from starting at around $150.00. Just make sure they are SA2010 certified otherwise the HPDE track will not let you use them. I would also recommend driving gloves, use Sparco as I have had bad luck with the other brands not fitting right. How far along is you car? Mine is still unscheduled and it is really getting fustrataing as Ford has promised spring deliveries and now I'm figuring August at best for me. I signed up for a Road America HPDE in July and won't even have a car to use.

Let me know if you need any help with finding HPDE tracks and dates, any advice on what you need to do and to bring and what to do for insurance - always buy track insurance, your auto insurance will not cover you on the track.

So, on thursday, Big Jake no-hits the Reds, Cubs win 16-0, Hawks get an anti-elimination win,

and I go from "unscheduled" to"selected"!! HOW GREAT IS THAT?!!!

Hopefully Sons, you get selected next week.

Reactions: Sons of Speed
Hello mates!!! Chicago suburbs member here with an order for a white Focus RS.....had to go north into Wisconsin to get an allocation but now am in the waiting game as many more!

nice.. seems like a fair bit of us are getting FW.. I like it :D

Reactions: ZygyKoz and 20115.0
Hey Fr33dive, for a helmet - I use Amazon, go to auto racing helmets where they will have 15+ to choose from starting at around $150.00. Just make sure they are SA2010 certified otherwise the HPDE track will not let you use them. I would also recommend driving gloves, use Sparco as I have had bad luck with the other brands not fitting right. How far along is you car? Mine is still unscheduled and it is really getting fustrataing as Ford has promised spring deliveries and now I'm figuring August at best for me. I signed up for a Road America HPDE in July and won't even have a car to use.

Let me know if you need any help with finding HPDE tracks and dates, any advice on what you need to do and to bring and what to do for insurance - always buy track insurance, your auto insurance will not cover you on the track.

Thanks for the info Sons. My car was built 4/19 (ordered 10/26/15 and two build dates and Vins later :0)
So waiting for the next boat. I signed up for a HPDE at Blackhawk farms in mid May but will have to reschedule as well.
This car will be my daily driver and HPDE will be my new hobby! Really looking forward to it. I currently have a 2015 WRX
that I was planning on modifying to be track ready, however had trans problems and don't wanna risk warranty denial.. enter the RS.
I plan on ordering the forged wheels since I need a second set for winter tires. The stock wheels will be my winters and I plan on getting
the winter tires Ford is using. Cup 2's for track once the SS's are done. What's you plan for winter/summers?

A few years ago I checked with my insurance (Erie) and at the time said HPDE was covered since its considered 'Instructional'
Of course I need to double check.

I feel your frustration and I hope you get selected soon and get your car ASAP!

Hey there Fr33dive,
Wow... You are just waiting for shipment - that's incredible! I ordered my car only 2 weeks after you and I'm nowhere even close.
Please contact me as soon as it comes in, I want to see it! My friends and I do online video reviews and articles (Sons-of-Speed.com) and would love to get you and your RS in a video to post, even get you in a track event with the RS - if that is alright with you.

For the insurance, many companies used to cover HDPE some years back but most, if not all, have dropped it, so yes - just double check. Hell, if yours still covers it - I'm switching to your provider as track insurance, especially when you do 6-10 events a session, costs a fortune!!!

For my tire selection, it gets a little complicated as I have a set of Blizzak tires that I only drove on for one session with my Volvo S60 before it got totaled. At the time of the accident (Oct 31st) I was driving on track-destroyed Super Sports which only had about 200 more miles of life in them anyways - the Blizzaks where, and still are, in storage. They are 18" and a tad thinner so they will work on the RS for winter. Plus, from my research, the Blizzaks are better winter tires than what Ford is using on their winter package. So, I got my winter tires covered, now for the summer... Being that I raced hundred of track miles on the Super Sports and I'm very comfortable with them, I went with the standard tire and wheel package on the RS. Yes, the forged wheels are probably better but the weight savings was negligible and $1300 more seem to be a waste to me. Since my RS will be my daily driver as well, the Cup 2s with only an 8,000 mile tread life were out of the question, besides if I truly want a track tire that I will use strictly on the track - I would go with some quasi-slicks tires that cost a lot less than those Cup 2s do and provide real race tire performance. At the Milwaukee Mile track and again at Blackhawk Farms, I met a guy with a Fiat 500 Abrath that was just killing it - outperforming everything on the turns - Corvettes, WRXs, 911s... His trick? He was driving on racing slicks!

Anyways, I got to be pretty good on the track with the Super Sports here is a video a have at Road America if you go to my YouTube channel, look up 'R Design Inc' can see my Blackhawk and Gingerman videos as well. My point is that you can see track driving is about the car, the tires and especially the driver so I'm not worried too much about not having the Cup 2s, at least for now :)

Hey, don't forget to contact me the minute you get that RS home!

I went with SG. At least we won't be seeing them everywhere. Back in the 90s I had a white camero and nearly lost it at the old "World" ampitheater in Tinley Park because there were so many just like it. Did a lot of walking in the lot that night!

41 - 60 of 640 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.