Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a forum specifically for Illinois members yet within this Midwest forum, so thought I would start one and see if have a few yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I guess there's no one else in IL? I'm still trying to find a car. I can't even get someone in IL to place a non-allocation, retail order for me. Some don't want to commit to pricing (because they haven't actually sold their allocation). They want to wait to see what the market will bear. I figure a non-allocation order is just gravy for them. Low risk, little capital, all profit. WTF!? Some feel like it's a waste of time because if they aren't going to get more cars than they've been allocated. Moving north to WI to see if they're more agreeable. Trying to stay local because I'm going to try to trade in my ST for the tax benefit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
@chicagofire there are at least four of us on the forums :p check the member map :)

As for finding one.. it is tough.. I went through a dozen dealers before I found one that wasn't trying to cook me over the coals.. This late in the game, I suspect it's much harder than if you had been looking around Oct-Nov.. :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
@chicagofire there are at least four of us on the forums :p check the member map :)

As for finding one.. it is tough.. I went through a dozen dealers before I found one that wasn't trying to cook me over the coals.. This late in the game, I suspect it's much harder than if you had been looking around Oct-Nov.. :(
I was looking back then. Got yanked around a bit by Chicago metro dealers. Got a bit disillusioned and gave up. But, looking to just put in a non-allocation order now.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Can't wait to see what AMS does with the RS.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess there's no one else in IL? I'm still trying to find a car. I can't even get someone in IL to place a non-allocation, retail order for me. Some don't want to commit to pricing (because they haven't actually sold their allocation). They want to wait to see what the market will bear. I figure a non-allocation order is just gravy for them. Low risk, little capital, all profit. WTF!? Some feel like it's a waste of time because if they aren't going to get more cars than they've been allocated. Moving north to WI to see if they're more agreeable. Trying to stay local because I'm going to try to trade in my ST for the tax benefit.[/QUOTE

I was beginning to wonder the same after I started this thread! I ended up getting one in TX. My dealer here in IL who I had been talking to since February, let me down. I made the mistake of working with the sales guy and not the SM or GM. They had one allocation and he always maintained I was number 1 on the list. Turns out the SM had another list and I was #3! What pissed me off most was I did not find out until December by which time allocations locally had dried up! Through this form I luckily found another allocation at MSRP. I am surprised that you cannot find anyone you just place a non-allocated order. My initial dealer still has my original order still sitting in the system. When I was phoning round last year I found a few that would place orders at MSRP without allocations. The only thing I can think of is that the dealers you have contacted have decided there are not going to be anymore MY2016's available and are waiting for MY2017 order bank to open. However, we have already seen a few additional allocations handed out recently, my dealer in TX got one, so still not sure why a dealer wouldn't put an order in the system for you. Suggest you at least get yourself on a MY2017 list at a dealer. I know my first dealer has started one. Good luck!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in Illinois as well, as long as you mean that actual state of Illinois and not the perceived state of Illinois that encompasses a 50-mile radius of downtown Chicago.

Belleville, IL.
True. I am actually the other end of the state near Woodstock. So are there any decent road courses down your way that do track days?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only one is Gateway Motorsports Park, and it's OK, but not amazing.
Thanks, I'll check it out. There is one north of Rockford in South Beloit as well near the WI border. Blackhawk Farms Raceway, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ordered mine in WI. The few dealers I spoke with in IL were trying to wheel and deal. I found the dealer in WI from a MKE area autoxer that ordered a GT350 at MSRP.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Chicago Region of the SCCA does PDXs (performance driving experience) at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. I've never been (I hope to bring my RS to one with year) but a lot of the people I autox with go and they say it's fantastic. They also usually run at least one PDX at Blackhawk as well.

Based on your location there is also Milwaukee Region SCCA and they do PDXs at the Milwaukee Mile and Road America.
Thanks. Will look into it when I finally get my RS! Guess I should the SCCA anyway to keep up to date.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Selected for scheduling today! Really surprised, but hugely stoked. Now I know it was an allocation and I am getting an RS sometime this year!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greetings!
I currently live in Michigan but I enrolled to University of Illinois at Chicago and I will be moving there this August.
I hope to see some of you guys out there :welcoming:

·
Registered
21 Posts
IL here too. I placed an order last weekend at MSRP. Dealer said they had allocation but time will tell if they did or not. I'm in no rush as i have to first sell one of my cars.

I've been to blackhawk once and it was a great time(fist time doing high speed) ...I did loose my car on turn 5 and almost hit a tree.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey there chicagofire, as well as other Illinois members... oddly enough, I've been so "focused" on the video and purchasing forum pages that I never scrolled down far enough to see the local forum pages - sorry guys, but I'm here now!

I'm from Hinsdale and let me tell you it was no picnic finding an allocation for a RS as I wasn't planning to get one this year - however, on Halloween my car was totaled in an accident so once the insurance dust cleared I started my RS search, albeit about a month too late, but I finally found one in Indiana. I actually wrote an article all about it and it was posted in the purchasing forum, but here it is again if you want to read it:

Ford Dealers to Focus RS Buyers: Bring Your Wallets! | Sons of Speed

I am a huge HPDE (High Performance Driving Event) guy and have driven many of the mid-west tracks, so if anyone wants to discuss tracks, track days, track pricing, event insurance, equipment to bring, etc... OR would like to go to an event - I will post my track day schedules as soon as I figure it out. I'm a SCCA member and can get you guys small discounts to SCCA "Tracknight" events... Let me know! Cheers!!!

1 - 20 of 626 Posts
About this Discussion
625 Replies
90 Participants
Darryl
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing