Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i have ignition advance at 1500-2000rpm. He adjusts the ignition from 19° to 30° up and down, so it jerks in the speed range. Anyone have an answer for this? Idle runs clean, full throttle runs clean. Comes with standard software and with tuning software. No error code

· Registered
3,008 Posts
and that means?
Google it?

idle Ignition controlled by the idle control system - Uses ignition to control idle on the engine with or without E-Throttle or other idle mechanisms in combination, see idle control. Fixed value - Ignition advance during idle using a fixed value. table - Ignition advance during idle from a table.

· Premium Member
675 Posts
thanks for the answer, I've read everything now, but I don't know the cause of this. can someone help me?
So, is it actually causing a drivability issue, or you’re just curious?

The Ford Ecoboost ignition timing strategy is VERY robust in that there are around 50 HEX tables that are used and they’re all allowed High Degree Freedom Executive (HDFX) where the ECU can use several tables at once while blending their values.

If the actual timing is jumping around quite a lot, then the ECU is trying to keep it in the optimum Load/Torque/Demand value. There is likely a problem causing it to vary a lot at steady throttle.

You’ll need to log/view the Timing, RPM, Manifold Absolute Pressure(MAP), Electronic Throttle Control(ETC) values, and maybe others depending on what’s seen.

Reactions: big jim

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not curious, I have a real problem with the said speed. And yes it is a problem otherwise I wouldn't be looking for a solution. That's why I'm happy about any help that can help me with my problem.

· Premium Member
1,715 Posts
I'm not curious, I have a real problem with the said speed. And yes it is a problem otherwise I wouldn't be looking for a solution. That's why I'm happy about any help that can help me with my problem.
contact a good tuner. do you have a cobb access port?
if so...contact:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a good tuner, unfortunately he doesn't know a solution to the problem either. No no cobb access port. It is an individual vote. That's why I'm looking everywhere for possible solutions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts