Ford Focus RS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
This gets my vote for the next RS production model. Are you listening, Ford? They built a rally car that isn't based on any particular production vehicle, why not turn it around and build me a production vehicle based on that rally car? Complete with a hybrid drive system that should appease the green movement. It can even go on milk runs. I'm sure they value my opinion, right....?

Puma Rally 1
Is based on Ford Puma, a european cross over vehicle built on top of the Fiesta platform. Its top performer is the ST version sharing same powertrain and all with the Fiesta ST. I dont think we will ever have a true RS ever again from Ford unfortunately... so keep those RS legends and enjoy them. I know I will not replace mine and if I buy another car would be in addition to the RS.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
920 Posts
Unfortunately, it's most likely the latter. My father-in-law has owned a Model S Plaid since they first came out. He let me drive it, and let me tell you... Doing a launch in that thing was quite frankly a scary experience. I pulled out at 100 mph, but that thing would've gladly kept pulling at max torque. I don't see how they believe an average driver can handle this kind of power without some sort of lessons.
I've seen youtube videos of a Tesla S plaid at the 1/2 mile drag races here, and that will beat almost everything. The only exception is if the other car is not only fast, but has a higher max speed than the Model S's ~165mph.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Previously I had said a used GT350, but now some people are relying on the lottery to fund their dream purchase. I'll set my sights a little higher and go for a Cayman GT4 RS

Reactions: Slurve

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I have a Rivian R1T coming supposedly by end of the month however I have no plans to offload my RS. Rather, the R1T will be extending the life of the RS by keeping it out of the salt.
post a review once you get it. I’ve been curious about them myself and enjoyed what I’ve seen so far anyway

·
Registered
237 Posts
post a review once you get it. I’ve been curious about them myself and enjoyed what I’ve seen so far anyway
Sure, will let you know thoughts coming from an RS. Our truck has come off the production line this week and is just awaiting transport from IL and pre-delivery inspection. Finally getting real!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Sure, will let you know thoughts coming from an RS. Our truck has come off the production line this week and is just awaiting transport from IL and pre-delivery inspection. Finally getting real!
+1 on a review and thoughts on road trip/camping ability. I've got a pre-order on an R1S with the hopes of replacing the family SUV (Mazda CX9) for road tripping and camping with the fam. Main hesitation is range of course, specially when the kids get bigger and the road trips get more and more "adventurous".

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Nissan GT-R
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

• Love
Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
  • Wow
Reactions: GmpaJimj