Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
A new engine, rebuilt transmission and quaife differential ... Just got it back from Mountune today. New engine is awesome, the transmission is no longer vague and the quaife differential makes it turn in like never before. View attachment 357050
That’s awesome! I’d love to get a mountune treatment, but east coast location makes it a little challenging even if shipped (already expensive enough)

·
Registered
456 Posts
The Golf R will retain a manual tranny but the RS3 is way faster! The only two equivalent answers right now. STI is not out yet. Porsche option is great but not a replacement ie AWD and hatch.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well I put a small deposit down on an M3 CS in hopes the dealership i use will get an allocation. Not being built until 2023 so i still have plenty of fun days left with my RS.

I was considering an M5 or RS6.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you were going to upgrade, not Ferrari level upgrade but just a little more (like 50-60k range I guess) what would you get? Hypothetically anyway.

Im a huge M car fan, so I’d probably look somewhere there to start. I’d really like another car that can daily and do the occasional track day. Toy with the idea of a mustang GT PP/Camaro 1LE too
[/QUOTE
If you were going to upgrade, not Ferrari level upgrade but just a little more (like 50-60k range I guess) what would you get? Hypothetically anyway.

Im a huge M car fan, so I’d probably look somewhere there to start. I’d really like another car that can daily and do the occasional track day. Toy with the idea of a mustang GT PP/Camaro 1LE too
I went with the following:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

]
480 wheel hp, 516 crank hp, 634 lb/ft torque, AWD. ZERO fuel costs, about $20/month electrical costs, NO visits to a gas station, no morning warm-up. Zero to 60 3.5 sec (actually, more like 3.8). Service every 10k miles totals $60 (tire rotation, brake pad check). I leave every morning with a full "tank". Like almost every other EV owner, I say that "once you go electric, you'll NEVER go back". Evolve or Die.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Its Not a Mustang, and on that single note, I will NEVER buy one. Could have called it anything else, its not like they didn't have a whole stack of Name Plates that would have been better.

Instead they decided to dilute what a Mustang was.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Its Not a Mustang, and on that single note, I will NEVER buy one. Could have called it anything else, its not like they didn't have a whole stack of Name Plates that would have been better.

Instead they decided to dilute what a Mustang was.
I "get" why they are doing it. The Mustang brand name is now their sedan/hatch brand. Ford will be SUV/Trucks and Bronco hits the Offroad segment. Chrysler/Dodge/Ram did this as well.

I don't really like it as much as anyone else, much like when they replaced the sport badge on the SUVs with the ST badge. I don't really think it's going to really change or enhance any of the vehicles. Toyota dumped the Scion name after trying this same thing in the early 2000s. Only real reason it worked for Dodge is because Dodge trucks absolutely sucked at at the time of the rebranding and so it let them push it as "They aren't Dodges any more!" to try and get people to buy the things.

·
Premium Member
2,872 Posts
Well…that’s flat gorgeous, and faster than a striped ass ape! That’s right..I’m giving it striped ass ape status!
So, does Tesla give lessons, we’re talking 1.9 sec.,0-60, or just hand over the keys and you’ll figure it out?

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,574 Posts
Well…that’s flat gorgeous, and faster than a striped ass ape! That’s right..I’m giving it striped ass ape status!
So, does Tesla give lessons, we’re talking 1.9 sec.,0-60, or just hand over the keys and you’ll figure it out?
Unfortunately, it's most likely the latter. My father-in-law has owned a Model S Plaid since they first came out. He let me drive it, and let me tell you... Doing a launch in that thing was quite frankly a scary experience. I pulled out at 100 mph, but that thing would've gladly kept pulling at max torque. I don't see how they believe an average driver can handle this kind of power without some sort of lessons.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts