Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
It depends honestly on cost and if it is AWD. The Focus is still a big sell for me due to it having more space and an improved interior. But an AWD Fiesta would be a road go kart and I would have so much want.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I most likely wouldn't hold out as the FoRS better fits me with my needs at this time. Same reason I have a FoST and not the FiST. I can't really see the FiRS being AWD or would I wan't it as if there is a FiRS it should be very attainable for people and adding AWD will add a couple of grand to the price. I also think the FiST is an amazing handling vehicle and amazing fun due to it being so light and small, why add more weight to a car that already has a lot going for it. Put the 2.0EB in it, add tires, brakes, a diff, revoknuckle, and complete stiffer suspension set up and keep it under 27K and 2800lbs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also doubt it would get AWD, the beam rear suspension would have to be thrown out and completely re-designed. If a Fiesta RS gets AWD, it will be the next generation, assuming the rear suspension design changes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love the idea behind the FiST and the FiRS but so my everyday needs with a family I need a vehicle the size of the FoRS at least. It's easier to sell to a wife when a stroller fits side ways with groceries stacked on top. The hatch rules all!

·
Registered
268 Posts
no. the fiesta st doesn't do much for me I'm a Mustang guy so I need the extra power of the Focus. I know its rumored, but that would be ALOT of working to make AWD fit in that platform.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It wouldn't need too much extra work done, I believe IF they make it they would acquire bits and pieces from the WRC Fiesta's.
And why not both?? Can't have too many hot hatches haha
I'd rather have the FoRS though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nope too small I am a big guy and sat in the Fiesta ST shoulders were squeezed in on the door. Cool little car but the Focus is right sized for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
considering all other markets and possible cars to have a "performance" version, it is quite low on the list of 12 by 2020

considering only USDM then it will exist for sure

·
Registered
112 Posts
Id agree if Ford didnt guarantee so many additional performance cars by 2020. They almost have to...

Nice thinking, but there purely isn't a space in the models line up for a more powerful Fiesta.
I would suggest a Mondeo/Fusion ST is more likely than a Fiesta RS.

Of the additional vehicles by 2020, Several spaces are taken by current sport vehicles which will be refreshed or released in the next evolution of body style. So not really that many left to think of.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is definitely a market for the Fiesta RS. Look at the Polo R. There was an interview with the Ford CEO (?) where they specifically asked about a Fiesta RS and he hinted there would be one.

·
Registered
203 Posts
No I would not consider it .. to small The Focus is the right size. I really like the ST except for the torque steer and the RS will fix that

1 - 20 of 42 Posts