Ford Focus RS Forum banner

If Ford Offered a "Track Ready" Version of the FoRS, Would You Buy It?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[POLL] If Ford Offered a "Track Ready" Version of the Focus RS, Would You Buy It?

Reminiscent of the 2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R, which was a very limited edition vehicle, stripped of most creature comforts. Ford produced only 300 of the 2000 Cobra R and sold every one.

"In 2000, the Cobra R returned for a production run of 300 units (effectively taking the place of the standard Cobra for that model year) with a 5.4L DOHC engine (6500 rpm redline) that was rated at 385 hp (287 kW) and 385 lbf·ft (522 N·m) of torque, although independent dyno tests have shown that it produced rear-wheel output that nearly matched both of those numbers, suggesting the engine may have been underrated. The iron block was based on the 5.4l block Ford uses in its trucks. The cylinder heads were later used in the Ford GT (slightly modified). Some sources claim that the Australian Ford Falcon GT's engine is very similar to the one of the 00 R. As before, this model was designed to be a race-ready high-performance vehicle in a perfectly street legal package; as such, it lacked many of the comforts the base production line Cobra enjoyed. This model had no radio/audio equipment, no air conditioning, no cruise control and no rear seat. Each of the 300 produced featured a charcoal interior with cloth clad Recaro buckets and sporting a Performance Red exterior."

Cobra R.jpg

In this scenario, you have another car (or cars) for daily duty, you have enough money for either car, and the opportunity to choose between the two (Focus RS or Focus RS-R) presents itself.

So my question is if Ford offered a similar, very limited edition package, with more power, upgraded engine and drive-train components, further upgrades in suspension and braking, and an even more distinctive/aggressive styling beyond the already great looking FoRS, would you be willing to give up the all creature comforts for a chance to own one?

This is a hypothetical question, as we have no information related to a stripped down version of the FoRS in the works. Just curious as to the opinions of the members.

·
Super Moderator
15,320 Posts
Dang you for making me want to spend even more money with this suggestion!

·
Registered
3 Posts
As much as I would want one, I would have to pass. My ST is my daily driver as would the RS. I also use my ST for the occasional long trip so while a track version might possibly be endurable for short trips, I have to imagine it would drive you bonkers on a 1000 mile journey. That said, the existance of a track version of the RS can only enhance the breed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now that I live in Florida, I couldn't imagine living without A/C. I did it before when I was a teenager and vowed I'd never do that again. However, if an "RS-R" were a second vehicle solely for track duty, then it would be more likely I MIGHT opt for one. But it would need to be track ready like the ST-R is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Corradokev
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing