Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you click on the information icon for the 2.3 EcoBoost motor, it now says "The RS has taken the 2.3L engine to another level with its unique turbocharger, cooling and exhaust. Projected to produce 350 horsepower, the RS is undoubtedly the fastest and most powerful vehicle in the production Focus lineup."

This is the first official mention I've seen of that number. Every little bit helps!

If this isn't new news, my apologies. Until now I had only heard rumors that this might happen.

Jim

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you click on the information icon for the 2.3 EcoBoost motor, it now says "The RS has taken the 2.3L engine to another level with its unique turbocharger, cooling and exhaust. Projected to produce 350 horsepower, the RS is undoubtedly the fastest and most powerful vehicle in the production Focus lineup."

This is the first official mention I've seen of that number. Every little bit helps!

If this isn't new news, my apologies. Until now I had only heard rumors that this might happen.

Jim
The 350 number also popped up on a ford video on youtube,

While it says 350, its very possible they are just rounding it up, 345 or 350, the "offical" HP is not even on the order guides as of yet, either way we still are getting one heck of a machine :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
The horsepower figures for America are a little different from the rest of the world for most cars. There is something different about how they are calculated, even though we will end up with the same performance.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
The 350 has been around for about 2 weeks

Jim

·
Registered
119 Posts
350 has been around for a while. I will say I bet Ford is being very careful about listing HP since the 1999 Cobra issue. Here is a quote from a Ford rep back in 1999.
Ford Motor Co. is recalling all 5,300 Cobras sold to date to fix a faulty intake manifold and muffler that rob the 4.6-liter V-8 engine of power.

Following complaints from 50 owners of 1999 Cobras, Ford suspended vehicle shipments to dealers and mailed letters to all owners offering to fix their cars for free.

The letters were mailed Aug. 7, said Tom Scarpello, marketing manager of Ford's Specialty Ve-hicle Team.

'We know exactly what happened, and we're going to make sure that it never happens again,' Scarpello said.

I hope they realize these cars will be on the DYNO and they better put out advertised numbers at the crank.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
They also stopped production for 2000. Most manufactures underrate now, they also get their number certified by SAE.

350 has been around for a while. I will say I bet Ford is being very careful about listing HP since the 1999 Cobra issue. Here is a quote from a Ford rep back in 1999.
Ford Motor Co. is recalling all 5,300 Cobras sold to date to fix a faulty intake manifold and muffler that rob the 4.6-liter V-8 engine of power.

Following complaints from 50 owners of 1999 Cobras, Ford suspended vehicle shipments to dealers and mailed letters to all owners offering to fix their cars for free.

The letters were mailed Aug. 7, said Tom Scarpello, marketing manager of Ford's Specialty Ve-hicle Team.

'We know exactly what happened, and we're going to make sure that it never happens again,' Scarpello said.

I hope they realize these cars will be on the DYNO and they better put out advertised numbers at the crank.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It also stated in the automobile article, that the NA tune will be 350hp. Meaning a 5hp bump over the EU tune. I think they are doing this to offset the extra weight the base NA RS will have compared to the EU 3370.

·
Registered
6 Posts
345 Imperial horsepower = 350 DIN/metric horsepower

Fuel octane can make a big difference also but I don't see this mention in the specs.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The 350 number also popped up on a ford video on youtube,

While it says 350, its very possible they are just rounding it up, 345 or 350, the "offical" HP is not even on the order guides as of yet, either way we still are getting one heck of a machine :)
Not just youtube, i saw this in TV yesterday!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
MidCow3
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing