Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my last thread is sooooo long so I am starting a new one.

I'm at a Ford meeting. Just spent an hour sitting in, taking pictures of, and talking with an RS marketing team head.

Any questions? Its still fresh in my memory. I will post pix once I clear it with the Ford boss peoples. I posted early pix of a GT350 and got in trouble :(

He says they have a strategy in place to ATTEMPT to cover retail orders separate from stock allocation. So like 30 of you wanted to get one from me. Heres what I want ya to do if you are wanting to do this.

email me at [email protected] with what you want. I will make a spreadsheet and be in touch with you as I get more info in October. Obviously I can't guarantee anything and you should still pursue locally. But I will darn well try for yall.

Car questions, ask away here!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
What color?

How similar was the turbo setup to the Mustang?

What are the differences in the 2 engines?

What is the US curb weight?

Can we not have smurf blue calipers?

Is there any way to special order metallic grey?

Why is Ford being such douches about the way they are rolling out the cars initially, staging it for ADM?

Are there any differences between the FEB and the MEB that would make turbo kits and such not interchangeable? (aside from exhaust)

What are the 1/4 times for the car from Ford?

When in the spring do they expect to fulfill orders? Febrary, March, April, May?

Did your loafers get extremely light when you saw the smurf blue in person?

So my last thread is sooooo long so I am starting a new one.

I'm at a Ford meeting. Just spent an hour sitting in, taking pictures of, and talking with an RS marketing team head.

Any questions? Its still fresh in my memory. I will post pix once I clear it with the Ford boss peoples. I posted early pix of a GT350 and got in trouble :(

He says they have a strategy in place to ATTEMPT to cover retail orders separate from stock allocation. So like 30 of you wanted to get one from me. Heres what I want ya to do if you are wanting to do this.

email me at [email protected] with what you want. I will make a spreadsheet and be in touch with you as I get more info in October.

Car questions, ask away here!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What color?
stealth. pix soon

hood release removed. but I got some pix underneath as best I could. turbo is very similar to mustang setup according to him.

not sure what you mean? between here and there?
he confirmed 350 hp and 350 ft lbs. he likes term 350 squared

not certified yet

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whoa you added questions.

all smurf blue calipers.
no special ordering colors, never has been never will be except maybe on Ford GT haha

I talked with him about douchiness for a long time. basically, higher ups were worried about it selling well while the marketing team is like BUILD MORE. they will be limited, and the stock allocation will be minimal, but they have stuff in place to try to accommodate retail orders.

so email me!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what the crap. more questions. focus guy couldn't tell me that, he didn't work on mustang and I couldn't look under the hood. I know head is new, not sure if same exhaust headifold design. MAP will have a turbo kit asap anyways.

all he is saying is spring, and allocation for stock units will be totally given in October for 2016MY.

no 1/4 mile times yet they haven't spend a ton of time testing it. more about the whole neutral balance at speed while turning thing.

you mean on the calipers? I was more excited about the wheels actually lol! but it looks sooooo good. pix when I get back to hotel room

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Yes, I thought of a bunch of questions.

With the engine questions, I have seen Ford say the RS engine will be upgraded, I'd like to modify my RS so I was wondering the differences between the MEB engine and the FEB engine since the FEB engine has some upgrades.

Also, how close is Stealth Grey to the Scion TC grey?

What color?
stealth. pix soon

hood release removed. but I got some pix underneath as best I could. turbo is very similar to mustang setup according to him.

not sure what you mean? between here and there?
he confirmed 350 hp and 350 ft lbs. he likes term 350 squared

not certified yet
whoa you added questions.

all smurf blue calipers.
no special ordering colors, never has been never will be except maybe on Ford GT haha

I talked with him about douchiness for a long time. basically, higher ups were worried about it selling well while the marketing team is like BUILD MORE. they will be limited, and the stock allocation will be minimal, but they have stuff in place to try to accommodate retail orders.

so email me!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I thought of a bunch of questions.

With the engine questions, I have seen Ford say the RS engine will be upgraded, I'd like to modify my RS so I was wondering the differences between the MEB engine and the FEB engine since the FEB engine has some upgrades.

Also, how close is Stealth Grey to the Scion TC grey?

new head cams and turbo is what he says but he is more on marketing end then engineering end so he couldn't compare a lot for me to MEB.

Its more vibrant than that. hard to be vibrant when its a weird primer type gray, but its brighter.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, not buying it. Numbers are too low. Maybe he meant dealer stock allocations are 2K[/QUOT

this has been the rumor for some time. I confirmed this with regional rep as well as the RS guy. but like I said, they have a plan to adapt to more demand if needed. whatever that means.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Might be a nuance thing in that dealer allotment will be 2k but with orders it's expected to rise to near 8K or that 8K is the expected first year run.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lucky! Surprised those rumors of 2000ish were true. So do you suggest we start talking to dealers now or wait until October?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might be a nuance thing in that dealer allotment will be 2k but with orders it's expected to rise to near 8K or that 8K is the expected first year run.
I have specifically asked about the rumored 8k. it is currently not in the cards.

Lucky! Surprised those rumors of 2000ish were true. So do you suggest we start talking to dealers now or wait until October?
no dealer will officially have allocation info until October wholesale. order banks open the 12th. no sense going before then.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have specifically asked about the rumored 8k. it is currently not in the cards.

no dealer will officially have allocation info until October wholesale. order banks open the 12th. no sense going before then.
Where are you based again?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Did you get any idea that ford will only make the RS for one or two years?

1 - 20 of 244 Posts