Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is great news if true. I have until May 2016 to make the reservations to go for another run.

This time I'll let my daughter get the track experience while I sit back and watch her whip the snot out of the FRPP FiST and FoST at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele.

Sale of Miller Motorsports Park finalized | fox13now.com

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anyone know if they're doing an RS octane academy?
There is a good chance. Ford has been doing a great job of having these academies. One of the guys in the local Salt Lake Subaru club helped build all of the BOSS 302's that were used for their academies.... It was it is pretty awesome.

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just received an email from The Ford Performance Racing School:

Thank you for contacting the ST Octane Academy.

The 2016 schedule should be available to view online the beginning of February.

William Johnson
Sales Manager
Ford Performance Racing School

Cell: 910-658-1447
[email protected]
Performance Driving School | Ford Racing School

2901 N Sheep Lane
Tooele, UT 84074

Nothing yet on if the FoRS will be getting track time there.

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much seat time do you get?
Out of a 8hr session, I would have to say about an hour and a half. What I liked was lead and follow sessions by riding shotgun, driving with an instructor, and then hot laps following the track prepped Mustangs. The UrbanX course was a good time of whipping the FoST and FiST around and competing for the best time around the course. Tomorrow, 1Feb2016 should be the release of the new program dates for April-October 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
STOA was free to anyone purchasing a new FoST or FiST. You only need to get there after reserving a date and pay for your own travel expenses and accommodations. I have a chance to go again since I purchased my FiST but I want have my daughter experience the track time while I watch this next time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
1.5 is a lot. I hope it's open for RS buyers. I did 3 laps in a GT350R and can't stop thinking about it.

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1.5 is a lot. I hope it's open for RS buyers. I did 3 laps in a GT350R and can't stop thinking about it.
It could be a little less since once behind the wheel I wasn't looking much at my watch.

Orientation in the classroom was pretty quick and once broken down into groups it was out to the track for hands on instruction with both FoST and FiST platforms.

@sda3 was out there also in June 2014.

STOA.jpg

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
If they offer the intro to racing package my advice is to skip it. It was too much money for the half day of track time and they didn't teach you anything more than the STOA class. I think the intro to racing upgrade was $900 and you got about 30 minutes of track time. :/

Here's my video, the first camera angle is a fail but we switch it afterwards.
Track time at 0:50
Urban X at 3:00
Intro to Racing at 4:10

·
Registered
235 Posts
@FordService any update yet on the ST academy and RS owners, I had a great time there last year. If I get the chance to go again I'm taking the 16 hr drive again. :tears_of_joy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts