Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had such a ridiculous buying experience. I have contacted every dealer in my area, and I have never been jerked around so much. TWICE now I have been told MSRP and when I go in to place deposit and sign, they try to add ADM into the paperwork.

I have the order guide in hand, and I KNOW the msrp to the penny, yet even with them knowing that they still try to pull something.

I actually appreciate the places that are up front with what they want, saves me some time. But to be jerked around and waste my time like that is crazy.

Sorry to vent...

Bottom line, if anybody has a line on a REAL MSRP deal within reasonable distance of NY, shoot me a message.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Not going to happen in your high tax states like NY, NJ, CA and MD.

Buy out of state, that's your only hope.

I would also call the Ford complaint number and raise a ruckus. All of us had to deal with dealers lying about MSRP and then trying to add thousands to the cost.

Had such a ridiculous buying experience. I have contacted every dealer in my area, and I have never been jerked around so much. TWICE now I have been told MSRP and when I go in to place deposit and sign, they try to add ADM into the paperwork.

I have the order guide in hand, and I KNOW the msrp to the penny, yet even with them knowing that they still try to pull something.

I actually appreciate the places that are up front with what they want, saves me some time. But to be jerked around and waste my time like that is crazy.

Sorry to vent...

Bottom line, if anybody has a line on a REAL MSRP deal within reasonable distance of NY, shoot me a message.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts

I would also call the Ford complaint number and raise a ruckus. All of us had to deal with dealers lying about MSRP and then trying to add thousands to the cost.
What does high tax state have to do with MSRP? I don't get it.

·
Registered
520 Posts

Sorry to vent...

Mine is in Western New York and I secured MSRP and got a VOC. Stopped by during my lunch hour and they said they would find out about allocation and get back to me. The worst luck that I've had is getting an allocation number out of them! Other people on this forum with other dealers make it look so easy with "they were allocated 6 and I got number 2", and such. WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO FIND OUT SPECIFIC ALLOCATION FROM A LARGE AND HIGHLY RATED DEALERSHIP???

·
Registered
171 Posts

Who has the complaint ##??
for those getting jerked around........

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any dealer worth your time can place an order and do a deposit over the phone and email.
True, however I want to read through everything and look the guy in the eye. I'm old fashioned I guess. Plus they usually request to see the trade in.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
What does high tax state have to do with MSRP? I don't get it.
The government is trying to squeeze more blood out of a turnip with theft by over taxation, 3k has a bigger value in Texas than it does in Maryland. Government taxation is a hidden inflation.

Who has the complaint ##??
for those getting jerked around........
Complaint phone number info
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/1006-buying-new-rs-2.html#post15249

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Pm 'd

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FINALLY!!! I'm all signed up and my RS is ordered at MSRP. No advertising fees, no adm, no premium, no nonsense. I locked into the last allocation, or so I am told, otherwise I'd pass on the info.

That was way too much nonsense...

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Dam cool

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
FINALLY!!! I'm all signed up and my RS is ordered at MSRP. No advertising fees, no adm, no premium, no nonsense. I locked into the last allocation, or so I am told, otherwise I'd pass on the info.

Congrats. It is the most frustrating car buying experience I've ever had, hands down. Glad you snagged one, and that you're not feeding the ADM monster. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts

Nice! Congrats!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all!!!

Now, for better or worse, lol, you guys are stuck with me.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
25 Participants
FordService
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing