Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear w3rkn,

You have received an infraction at Ford RS Nation.

Reason: Yellow Card
-------
Can't help but wonder if your not doing the bidding of another banned member at this point especially given that your contributions have been limited to this thread. Don't know if this community is going to be a good fit for you. While I encourage comments and questions, I've also cautioned you about how things are said and the latest post is pretty hostile toward a valued member.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
Original Post:
AWD Questions - Page 10
Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
W3rkn I know you want this to be the end all be all be all of tunable hot hatches. Nobody is saying the car can't be tuned.

But what scooby is saying is that you pretty much aren't going to be able to do anything with the awd system.

If you think that he is just here to turn people off the car I think you have a wrong idea.
Sorry, that is not what he is saying. He is saying that it will cost people money to play with the AWD system. <-- Scoob is just going the uber long way of saying it...

IMO, Scoob is simply fearmongering and misleading people into thinking nothing can be done with the RS. Or that the AWD system is so fragile, that added HP & TQ tunes are wasted on the RS. None are true, he seems like he is trying to dissuade people from buying an RS, because the AWD system is too software driven to be able to handle the added horsepower.

None of it is true. It is just another AWD system, that happens to use sophisticated variables & constant computations to keep the AWD characteristics perfect. More horsepower will not effect the system, it just means the variables have changed. This system is meant to handle variables.

Scoob is also wrong about the 70% of total, going to the rear. It can & does...

Everything else from him, is just shop talk about oils and warranty... we already know this stuff, it is just fluff speak.

All the best,
Shomane, Ford RS Nation

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have no idea why my previous post was deleted.
(This is the off-topic area.)

I was banned for the above post, and my IP addressed blocked.

It seems that RSNation tried to use strong arm tactics and are unwilling to allow direct conversation to take place. It seems they are trying to protect their Celebrity guest from any more further ridicule for lying to the public.

Then without respect, Shomane himself above accuses me of being another person and inducing an infraction based on conspiracy theories, instead of merit. When in fact I am a known & live in Metro Detroit.

I think RSNation is upset that their "Celebrity" was found to be fibbing and misguiding the forum, and I shed light on it. Mods would rather treat him with respect, instead of all with respect. Plus, accuse me of conspiracies and being shill.. ?

The whole RSNation thing reeks of childish moderation.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Having read what you had posted I don't see why anyone is really getting worked up about your statements. Being a car forum youd think it would be expected that people would dish out and receive some critical feedback... but perhaps being that our car is being manufactured in Germany were all supposed to be a bit more gentlemanly, you know sipping champagne and keeping our pinkies out straight and the whole bit.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
RS nation huh. I'll try their site out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct.

It seems too many egg shells are involved and I am supposedly suppose to tap dance around weak egos. That place is going to be a zoo, if they don't get some adult supervision behind the mods.

The part that kills me is: Can't help but wonder if your not doing the bidding of another banned member.. :rolleyes:

Nobody speaks for me... and that punk is trying to discredit me, to protect whatever gig they have going on over there. Truly sad they have an irrational overbearing mod. GTE had a similiar problem, with Shomane deleting posts...

It is their loss. Anyone else find it odd, that Shomane is rather bias towards Subarus too.

·
Super Moderator
15,426 Posts
OK, guys here's the deal. Earlier the first "I was banned thread" was deleted by staff here since it was decided that FoRS.org didn't need/want whatever was going on over at RSNation to spill over here into this forum.

I enjoy a good debate and posting of supported facts but currently a lot of information about the FoRS platform is yet to be proven given the vehicle hasn't hit the American streets.

Speculation and opinions are stirring the pot a bit here and by a random poster on another website.

The internet is a great thing because I/you can be anyone that I/you want to be and yet remain anonymous but the easiest thing I can see is everyone keep this civil and at the same time get their point across.

Here at FoRS.org and other sites I moderate it's common practice where we attempt to not delete posts but at the same time members need to understand at the same time to let some things go and get back to regular discussions and promote more awareness when it comes to the FoRS platform.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks st2focus...

I only posted it here in the off-topic, because it was the only avenue I had to defend myself & be heard within the larger Car community. No matter what site, to be called out as a shill, or part of some conspiracy is a low blow. Just so they can save face?

I am not an anonymous person, anyone here can find me in person, rather easily. I am a pretty kewl guy and like to bang gears... I suppose that is why there are car communities. I had contacted a Ford engineer about the AWD platform and was told the 70% was indeed true. Even mentioned that "some GKN software engineer" was saying differently. I was assured he was mistaken. So I questioned him myself... and guess what, he was mistaken. And I was banned!

I too have no idea what is going on over there... I wish them luck and hope they learn to have better manners and less accusations & insults. Heck, at least treat people like adults and allow them to speak out. Their style of censorship means they have something to hide, or not playing fair and allow people to defend themselves. Scooby-due shold be able to own up to his dissuasion. It leaves me wondering why... or what they are up to..

Nothing more to say. Thanks again for allow me to say my peace.

·
Super Moderator
15,426 Posts
I'm glad to hear that this would appear to be settled and you were able to voice your side.

It would appear that either myself or @ControlNode needs to get with GKN locally and see what further info we can gather about the new AWD drive system.

I've posted a few bits about what is currently releasable from GKN but as usual this is currently not enough for today's driving enthusiasts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts